To change the custom text, you need to go to Options> Storm Slider Options and change "Slider Text" to what you want. To get the app to work with the lock button you need to set your permissions for SS to allow and in the Storm Slider Options set "Launch on Lock Button" to yes. The only problem is that it will engage after you use the lock button again to unlock. It works fine on the storm but with the change in the how the lock function works with the storm2, changes still need to be made. DMG is currently looking into fixing this problem but school is keeping him from spending much time on the computer to do so. Thus there isn't any "false advertising" being made for StormSlider.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    When I set my permissions and did a battery pull it rebooted with the slider as I had set it. The slider worked but when I tried to access it again, I got th same error.

Thanks!
    11-10-09 08:43 PM
    When I set my permissions and did a battery pull it rebooted with the slider as I had set it. The slider worked but when I tried to access it again, I got th same error.

Thanks!
    Are you using a custom wallpaper? If you do, does it have a big file size? What might be happening is that SS is trying to cache the wallpaper for both orientations but while doing so is thinking it is running out of memory because of the large file size. That was the only time that I saw that error come up before while beta testing.

Last edited by ArmaK; 11-10-09 at 09:05 PM.
    11-10-09 09:03 PM
    I have had this on my phone since day one. Even had it on my storm1 as well. Just noticed that it does not lock when the screen dims out or if i press the lock button. I did a battery pull and changed some setting and it still doesn't work. Any ideas
    11-10-09 10:43 PM
    I have had this on my phone since day one. Even had it on my storm1 as well. Just noticed that it does not lock when the screen dims out or if i press the lock button. I did a battery pull and changed some setting and it still doesn't work. Any ideas
    When in doubt pull the battery out

11-10-09 10:47 PM
    did two battery pulls. no luck. gonna pm dmg. hope to get an answer soon
    11-10-09 10:50 PM
    How about editing your permissions to all ALLOW then do a battery pull. See if that works.
    11-10-09 10:54 PM
    did two battery pulls. no luck. gonna pm dmg. hope to get an answer soon
    Best way to reach him is in the thread. So what u are saying is that it was working then all of a sudden stopped? This has happened to me several times in the past on older builds and a pull took care of it. Triple check your settings as well as permissions make sure everything is setup correctly. Also turn the app off then back on and see if that does it.

11-10-09 10:55 PM
    Try messing around with it cuz that might do the trick.
    11-10-09 10:59 PM
    tried everything. Looked at permissions, changed settings and pulled battery twice. still no luck. Worked perfectly until now. I have the latest version, 4.6.1
    11-10-09 11:01 PM
    just checked, charger icon does not show up when charging either.
    11-10-09 11:07 PM
    It's working great on my Storm2. Re-check your permissons and/or StormSlider Settings.
    11-10-09 11:27 PM
    You must have it selected to yes do you have that set up in your options for SS.
    11-10-09 11:31 PM
    Do a complete wipe of the app. Remove the app, battery pull (2x), reinstall the app, battery pull, set permissions, set ss options and test.

11-10-09 11:31 PM
    Hey petswork97 have you tried what armak told you to do if so did it work.
    11-11-09 12:01 AM
    Just wanted to say I am loving this app first one I downloaded

11-11-09 12:05 AM

Nice congrats on your purchase and enjoy the nice features ss has and there is more to come in the near future
    11-11-09 12:11 AM

Happy to hear that you are enjoying it. Don't forget to pick up SimpleWeather too so that you can get the temperature on the lock screen and stay up to date with your local weather.

11-11-09 12:36 AM
    Do a complete wipe of the app. Remove the app, battery pull (2x), reinstall the app, battery pull, set permissions, set ss options and test.

I did this right before going to sleep last night. Funny you said pull battery 2X. After first battery pull it still didn't work. After the second it works again. Closed my computer before I did this. Could not reply until this morning. Thanks for the advice. Would love to know why it happened. I figured all along that if I re-installed it it would work. Thanks.
    11-11-09 08:04 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but so many of us exhaust so much time and energy on the battle between Blackberry and iPhone that I almost find it insulting when we try to integrate iPhone features. I'm not saying this isnt a nifty app or that iPhone has NOTHING to offer, but personally I feel we lose a little ground with the fanboys if we're going so far as to pay for some of their features. Not hating on anyone, just sharing my thoughts. Do you.
    11-11-09 08:39 AM
    I did this right before going to sleep last night. Funny you said pull battery 2X. After first battery pull it still didn't work. After the second it works again. Closed my computer before I did this. Could not reply until this morning. Thanks for the advice. Would love to know why it happened. I figured all along that if I re-installed it it would work. Thanks.
    Good to here that your issue has been resolve now enjoy the app :-p

11-11-09 09:07 AM

I tried this, unfortunately, it still didn't work. The slider only works when I do a battery pull but only the one time from when it launches at the startup of the phone. It does not work any other time.
    11-11-09 09:49 AM
    Great I went into the App Store and it said there was an upgrade (since I had the version for the S1) so I did the upgrade and paid the $1 to upgrade it. I try to start it up and now it says that it's for the wrong Storm.

What is going on with this?
    11-11-09 11:45 AM
    Great I went into the App Store and it said there was an upgrade (since I had the version for the S1) so I did the upgrade and paid the $1 to upgrade it. I try to start it up and now it says that it's for the wrong Storm.

What is going on with this?
    There are 2 versions now. You need to re-purchase for S2. There should be a coupon code on page 1 dont know if its still working but worth a shot.

Regardless its only $3, and worth every penny
    11-11-09 03:00 PM
    Anyone having lag issues with the stormslider lock screen when it switches from portrait to landscape?

Mine seems to lock up for a half a min sometimes.
    11-11-09 03:02 PM
    Anyone having lag issues with the stormslider lock screen when it switches from portrait to landscape?

Mine seems to lock up for a half a min sometimes.
    Are you using a custom wallpaper as your SS BG? If so that could be the cause, due to sizing of image. Switch back to default BG and test
    11-11-09 03:08 PM
1,789 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD