Hello all,

So, I have Storm 2 and have my Enterprise activated on it and all my calendar updates are on my phone as well. When I installed Google Sync it auto put my google calendar onto my corporate calendar, those are private events.

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the calendar in google sync on our Storm 2 or create a new calendar in Storm 2 and/or on Google sync?

any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 03:42 PM
    or is there a way to rename calendars?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 03:59 PM
    Don't know specifically about the Storm (yet!), but I found that I had to change the default calendar on the device to the Google Calendar, after which the Google Sync will sync with that calendar instead of my enterprise (BES) calendar. The entire point of my using Google Calendar was to keep my personal calendar events separate from my work calendar.

Here's what I did:

To separate "personal" calendar from work calendar:
    � Set up personal Gmail email account on BB (BB setup); this will also create a secondary calendar
    � set your personal calendar (Google) to be the default on the handheld: Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > Calendar (CICAL) = {your google account} � this forces Google Sync to use this calendar for its sync instead of Desktop which is Outlook calendar (does not affect work Outlook calendar BES sync)
    � You can then display each calendar independently or all together (from within Calendar on the BB>Menu>Select Calendar)

So far, so good, except for one thing. I can't seem to search the Google Calendar. The Search function on the BB only searches my BES calendar. Still looking for a solution to that one (which is what brought me here today). Anyone?

Hope this helps.

Doe
    02-02-10 08:39 PM
    Actually, I figured out the search thing (I thought I was unable to search Google calendar on my BB). It is actually working: I didn't realize at first that my calendar events were trimmed at 4 weeks and what I was searching for was prior to that. Hope Google changes that and allows calendar events to be retained for longer than the current 4-week max!

Doe
    02-02-10 09:21 PM
    To separate "personal" calendar from work calendar:
    � Set up personal Gmail email account on BB (BB setup); this will also create a secondary calendar
    � set your personal calendar (Google) to be the default on the handheld: Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > Calendar (CICAL) = {your google account} � this forces Google Sync to use this calendar for its sync instead of Desktop which is Outlook calendar (does not affect work Outlook calendar BES sync)
    � You can then display each calendar independently or all together (from within Calendar on the BB>Menu>Select Calendar)
    Doe
    I would just add that you may have to uninstall and reinstall Google Sync for this to work properly (I did, per suggestion from some other threads).
    02-23-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD