Can anyone get the search function to work?
    Yes. Works fine for me.
    12-01-08 01:10 AM
    Yea, I was wrong about the quality it doesn't really imrpove it. I tested it on a really good quality video on accident. There are are some really decent looking videos out there though and some really crappy ones. Depends on how they are uploaded I guess.
    Last edited by Deathpoint; 12-01-08 at 01:21 AM.
    12-01-08 01:15 AM
    i cant get this to work...
    12-01-08 01:34 AM
    love it. I love crackberry! So glad you guys are here because I wouldn't even know where to start.
    12-01-08 02:03 AM
    I got it to work but like others have said, the quality isn't to great.
    12-01-08 02:07 AM
    I don't know that the quality is any better. Is there any way to browse by category ? I'd still call this a success though. Hopefully we can do this with other apps. Everybody should check out the skyfire browser and send them an email asking them to get it on the storm. It has flash and boasts full pc internet browsing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 02:17 AM
    I tried loading the link in the browser on my Storm and it takes me to an agree or not agree screen... I click agree and loads for a bit and error screen pops up
    12-01-08 02:22 AM
    You have to click it on your phone. The app is awesome

12-01-08 02:45 AM
    still trying....
    12-01-08 03:42 AM
    Hey guys, I get this error while trying to play the video:

net.rim.device.api.system controlled access exception

any ideas? Thanks!
    12-01-08 04:12 AM
    FYI a bit easier:

Youtube TinyURL Link

In case you would rather type it instead of having to email it to yourself:

tinyurl.com/5za2s8
    Last edited by someone; 12-01-08 at 05:42 AM.
    12-01-08 05:27 AM
    Works great!

12-01-08 07:39 AM
    That, my friends, is simply bad-@$$.

Even if the quality is the same as the mobile YouTube website, the interface is so much slicker and smoother.
    12-01-08 08:30 AM
    Hey guys, I get this error while trying to play the video:

net.rim.device.api.system controlled access exception

any ideas? Thanks!
    I had the same error. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications, find the YouTube application, edit permissions, and allow all, then it should work.
    12-01-08 08:59 AM
    works great, video quality blows though
    http://www.m.youtube.com works too...but why not just get the app
    12-01-08 09:11 AM
    Thanks guys that is nice. These phones are just amazing.
    12-11-08 07:51 PM
    OTA m.youtube.com/app

Is actually the app it is downloading and it says for 9530 on the site...
    12-11-08 08:09 PM
    The video quality on that application is just as crappy as going on the mobile version of the youtube site! They must release something to fix this since the quality is so garbage that its not even worth watching (blocks of squares and nothing more). Plain garbage imo!!
    01-06-09 11:34 AM
    The video quality on that application is just as crappy as going on the mobile version of the youtube site! They must release something to fix this since the quality is so garbage that its not even worth watching (blocks of squares and nothing more). Plain garbage imo!!
    what he said...
    total garbage so far...
    01-06-09 12:14 PM
    Hy,
    on my 9500 the App is runing so far, but the video i choose dosent start playing......!!!!
    Why the hell??
    I run my 9500 with a T-Mob. Austria Sim, but have the BB Options and a 25MB Data Option...
    Any Ideas??

Thanks!
    01-10-09 05:16 AM
    Hey all,

New to the forums so sorry if this has been mentioned. I had the same problem with youtube. I am on vodafone in the UK so got the youtube app with the phone but found that even if the video did load it would still barely play. I tried the mobile website and had the same issue. The sound would skip and there was barely a video to look at.

Yesterday I downloaded and installed the 4.7.0.85 update courtesy of the fine people at crackberry and now the mobile application works about a million times better. My housemate has an Iphone, and unfortunately his youtube videos still play at a higher quality, but the youtube app on my storm is now good enough to watch a video without having to damage my eyes trying to focus.

The update seems like a huge improvement, only issue i've had is that the clock application can't be exited while the phone is charging in my cradle. But having to pull the phone out of the cradle and do a battery pull to stop the alarm going off certainly did wake me up so it did its job...

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the quality on the mobile youtube site is still no good. Can't really get a video to play on there even with the update.
    Last edited by jaytmek; 01-12-09 at 06:24 AM. Reason: adding info
    01-12-09 06:18 AM
    mastingel:

I don't know about the problem you are having but be careful using youtube on a 25mb data plan cause I know its quite heavy on the dataside!
    01-12-09 06:21 AM
    Go Here
    .google.com/mobile/default/youtube.html

there is no http or www because this is my first post
    http://m.youtube.com

also works.
    03-18-09 02:35 PM
    There is an issue with the way that the videos are streamed to the mobile site and the VF YouTube app - basically the quality is crap. I wondered why my friend's iphone was streaming the same video but in much higher quality than my Storm. I initially put it down to him being on wifi and me on 3G, but then I read this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f139/wh...lution-185097/

If this is correct - PLEASE GIVE US A BETTER APP!
    03-19-09 07:15 AM
99 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD