i never had trouble with quickpull until i did the bes...so i dont know if the firewall was enabled or disabled before, i never looked. im on the server now looking for where the firewall is in the policy; ill post later if i get it figured out.
    08-26-09 01:42 PM
    it sounds like a BES policy was enabled that interferes with the app...

question, why quickpull? do you have a case?

the battery pull is a bit better for the phone, but you shouldn't really need it if you're on .148...only time i have to reboot/reset is when i add/remove apps
    08-26-09 02:05 PM
    i have not been able to locate on the server a policy that enables/disables the firewall, i looked everywhere i can find.

when if irst got the phone i was running .148 and ran out of application memory with in 4 days (literally had 0.0mb) so i browsed around and after trying a combination of battery pulls and using the memory cleaning mode i decided to just download the quickpull free app. i set it to reboot at 4am everyday and its been great since. but i just today noticed i am down to around 25mb memory (from 45-48) and tried doing a quickpull restart only to find that error message, which led me here.
    08-26-09 02:09 PM
    i do have the silicone case on it which is easily removed and battery can be accessed but i was, to be honest, very unhappy to hear about the common need for pulling batteries to keep the phone operating proplerly that i thought quickpull would keep me from getting annoyed every few days, and i could just forget about it and let it do it on its own.
    08-26-09 02:11 PM
    better solution:

let's get your phone to a state that you won't need a battery pull...and if you do, they'll be so few and far between that taking off your phone condom will be a minor task...

read this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/
    08-26-09 02:33 PM
    I was having issues, but it worked.... it would load up with the sure type keyboard in portrait mode. it would remain in portrait, even if set on its side.

Like I said, it worked, so i didnt care, but it was murder to select yes or no or reboot now.... very very sluggish and jumpy.

I disabled compatibility and now it works like a champ.

Quick Pull Free 1.2.0 from the free apps section here
    OS .151
    08-26-09 02:50 PM
    I am having a lot of the same issues described here with the Lite version. I disabled the compatibility mode, and now I can at least use the scheduler on my Storm. I am still getting that exception error when I try to run the program. All of the permissions are set correctly, but I did notice the firewall is enabled. I cannot disable the firewall, and I'm not on a BES. My Storm is a refurb and I'm wondering now if there is some residual policies left on it. Any way to disable that firewall if I'm not on a BES?
    09-04-09 08:25 AM
    I used to have this issue and was not on a BES so I could disable the firewall and then quickpull would work. I recently upgraded the OS on the phone and let it reinstal all the applications as part of the upgrade. I then turned the firewall back on first thing and the next time I wanted to use quickpull it asked me if I wanted to add it to my trusted applications and now quickpull will reboot the phone without disabling the firewall. Hope that helps.
    09-04-09 02:05 PM
    I used to have this issue and was not on a BES so I could disable the firewall and then quickpull would work. I recently upgraded the OS on the phone and let it reinstal all the applications as part of the upgrade. I then turned the firewall back on first thing and the next time I wanted to use quickpull it asked me if I wanted to add it to my trusted applications and now quickpull will reboot the phone without disabling the firewall. Hope that helps.
    My scenario is similar. I was running OS 148 and having problems maintaining EDGE, and working with a bad memory leak. Once the firewall was disabled the error message went away and QP was able to function correctly.

I have since upgraded the OS to 151 because of better radio files. I now have a Storm that holds EDGE most of the time. The memory leak seems to have gone away as well which is a BONUS for me. I was also able to enable the firewall and QP still functions without error.
    09-05-09 08:01 AM
    The advice that I found somewhere, and which worked for me, was to go to options / advanced options / applications, and set all of the permissions for the email setup applications to "allow". Once I did this, Quickpull Pro no longer crashed, which presumably means that it is calling some part of the Email Setup program in order to reboot. It still won't reboot if the screen is locked, however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 10:29 PM
    The advice that I found somewhere, and which worked for me, was to go to options / advanced options / applications, and set all of the permissions for the email setup applications to "allow". Once I did this, Quickpull Pro no longer crashed, which presumably means that it is calling some part of the Email Setup program in order to reboot. It still won't reboot if the screen is locked, however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    In my case everything had been set to "allow" but the program still refused to work.
    09-06-09 06:20 AM
    now i have QP 1.2 (free version i got on here), running on os .148, and haven't had any trouble. sorry bro
    09-06-09 07:46 AM
    Is it possible that you have your Firewall enabled?
    I had this same issue....QuickPull was working fine, until I downloaded a 3rd party threaded SMS app. I enabled my Firewall (to avoid getting duplicate sms messages) and this interfered with QuickPull's operations.

Shut off your Firewall: Options | Security | Firewall | Disabled (and all the boxes unchecked).

Let me know if this helps....
    This was my problem. I bet that is why my reboot option in quicklaunch quit working as well. Now I have to pay to re download it as it doesn't show up in My World anymore.
    09-25-09 01:50 PM
    Anybody get QPPro to work on .230?
    09-25-09 02:00 PM
    I own a Storm 9530 running OS version 4.7.0.148..

I installed QP, then upgraded it when new version became available. I could reset the device manually from QP, but I could never set the automatic reset function by entering a reset time. The time I selected for reset would never save.

I finally stopped using QP and deleted it from the phone. In its place I began using Meterberry who automated reset function works like a charm. I have it set to reset the device at 5am in the morning shortly before I wake up.

Lou
    09-25-09 03:53 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD