My Storm 2 suddenly stopped connecting to the internet via wifi the other day. I didn't do anything to it, and I changed no settings, it just simply STOPPED connecting. My Blackberry's current state is like this:

1. The wifi icon is LIT UP totally white, not greyed out. I'm definitely connected to my wifi network at the house yet I can't use all of my wifi features!

2. I can no longer use the browser, if I click it will tell me "cannot connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider." I don't need to contact Verizon!! I'm using the wifi not the Verizon network just like I've been doing for the past few weeks, now it suddenly doesn't work?

3. The Facebook app no longer works either, I can't log in or do anything there. Just like the browser this was working fine through wifi until a few days ago.

4. I can't get emails!!!

5. I can't use BBM!!! Well... the messages send I guess, but the little D and R don't even show, just the checkmark. Either way, no one is getting my messages or broadcasts.

6. For some reason I CAN use other web browsers such as Bolt, and I CAN use certain internet based apps.

Please help... very sad Berry owner...
    10-16-10 01:10 AM
    Open browser, open options and verify it's set to internet browser, not hot spot browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 08:14 AM
    Thanks dude, I think I figured it out.... my dad forgot to pay the bill online -_-........ lol, thanks for responding!
    10-21-10 10:01 PM
    I'm having a similar problem with my Storm2 9550. I don't have phone service with Verizon anymore since they are too expensive, but I have been connecting to my home network via wifi on my Storm for the past 8 months. All of a sudden in the past couple of days, it doesn't connect anymore. When I scan for networks, it says no networks found.
    02-23-11 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD