Stoptilt 2.1.2.14 works with opera mini on 191, at the very least. I mentioned in another thread all of the 3rd party apps that I've been able to find workarounds for to enable stoptilt in, but was surprised to find that no one commented that I had stoptilt working with opera mini, considering OM is one of the most used 3rd party apps, and the biggest gripe people have with stoptilt is that it does not work with 3rd party apps.

As I said before, the apps I've found workarounds for are:

bbtext2im
    3jam
    bchat
    bbfilescout/filescout
    podtrapper
    options*
    opera mini**

*While "options" is a core part of the OS, stoptilt for whatever reason does not work on the default options screen. But if you open a secondary screen w/in options, say screen/keyboard, then you can enable stoptilt

**Opera mini is the only 3rd party app where I do not know how I was able to enable stoptilt in. Normally to enable stoptilt in a 3rd party app, you need to have it invoke a native app. For example, in filescout, if you highlight a media file, hit the bb button, and click send as email, it will invoke the native email app with the file attached. At that point you can enable stoptilt as usual & your stoptilt setting will stick with that 3rd party app on every screen after exits, reboots, and battery pulls. I searched long & hard to find a way for OM to invoke a native app but was never able to. But, as I said, I now have stoptilt enabled for OM. I don't really feel like investigating how it happened for fear of losing the setting, but just know that it is possible. I've had stoptilt enabled on OM for over two days with multiple battery pulls.

I've tried to find a way to enable stoptilt with google maps but have had no luck thus far. What 3rd party apps have you been able to get stoptilt to work on? Has anyone else been able to get it to work on OM? I'm certain it has something to do with OS 191 b/c I've never been able to enable it in OM before (though I hope I'm wrong - have you found a way to enable it in OM on a previous OS?).
    09-02-09 09:49 PM
    What's the workaround for 3jam?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 07:39 AM
    What's the workaround for 3jam?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Don't have it on my phone right now, but I'm pretty sure you highlight a conversation, and select export to email.
    09-03-09 07:55 AM
    Update - found out how I was able to enable stoptilt with opera mini & I was also able to get it to work with google maps. Not sure if this workaround would work on anything other than 191 b/c I didn't realize/see it until I installed 191. Maybe someone who has an OS other than 191 that has an interest in this will want to test it out. Then again, no one has been responding to my posts on this any way so apparently people don't care too much about using stoptilt with 3rd party apps.

The process is pretty complicated, just a warning. I've only been able to get this to work with podtrapper, though it may work another way. Podtrapper comes with a 30-day trial.

1. install podtrapper & run it.

2. once it's completed asking you all of the questions, hit the bb button, and select email developer (I selected no to the log question).

3. once the email app pops up, hit the bb button and select disable autorotation. After you lock the rotation, back out of the email back into podtrapper. Hit the bb button and exit the program.

4. now open either opera mini or google maps (or if this works on 4.7, you could try it on the gmail app).

5. hold down the bb button to bring up the app switcher & select the home screen (assuming that is where podtrapper is)

6. Open up podtrapper. On the main screen that says file playback, rotate to landscape (even though you disabled rotation in this app previously, there is a glitch that allows it to rotate from the first screen). Then rotate it back to portrait mode.

7. now hold down the bb button to bring up the app switcher and select whichever 3rd party app you're trying to get stoptilt to enable on - for example, opera mini.

8. Now once you're in opera mini, hit the bb button to bring up the menu. You should now see an entry titled "enable autorotation," meaning that opera mini is now locked in rotation.

I've seen that setting stick through exits, reboots, and battery pulls. Now, after a few days for some reason opera mini lost it's rotation setting on me - but I was doing some serious messing around with the phone before it happened. In that case, just repeat a few of the above steps.

1. open the 3rd party app that you want locked and app switch to the home screen.

2. open podtrapper, rotate to landscape and after it rotates, rotate the phone back to portrait mode.

3. now do app switcher to the 3rd party app (OM, GM, gmail?), and once you hit the bb button, the app should have already locked itself (as evidenced by the menu entry "enable autorotation").

Now you can exit the 3rd party app, exit podtrapper, reboot, do battery pulls, etc., and that 3rd party app should remain locked.

If someone else had figured out a way to portrait-lock OM or GM I would be thrilled, that's why I'm posting this. As I said, I don't know if this will work on any other OS than 191, as that's the only OS I've used since discovering this. I'm relatively happy with 191, but I may try out 167 just to see how I like it. Flick scrolling is nice and all but sometimes I feel like it's actually slower than non-flick scrolling and less predictive. Native threaded sms is nice, but bbtext2im is just as good if not better and bchat is decent as well. Actually missed not having a camera today as well...
    09-03-09 10:37 PM
    just tested & it works for OM
    09-04-09 05:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD