Has anyone used stock manager for Blackberry? Just looking for an application that provides extensive quotes (doesn't need to be real-time though). Any suggestions. Thanks
    11-14-08 03:12 PM
    Use MarketFilters.. free program but not very extensive. Basic quotes just show %change, not evenn $change, but more quote details are available thru menu.

Developer's site... Widgets and Tools | Market Filters
    11-14-08 03:50 PM
    Market Filters is good but I have come to use eTrade Mobile Pro almost exclusively. It's free (but I do have several accounts with them)
    11-14-08 04:28 PM
    Do you need an account with e-trade to use e-trade mobile?
    11-14-08 05:47 PM
    Do you need an account with e-trade to use e-trade mobile?
    Yes, although they will let you download it without an account.
    11-17-08 12:00 AM
    I use WSJ Mobile Reader, and I'm very happy with it. It tracks all major indexes, as well as currencies & commodities, and lets you add your own stocks to watch as well (and you can remove whatever you want from the list also). The one thing I don't like is that it shows the changes in points as opposed to percentages, but I can manage with that.

It also updates WSJ & Marketwatch articles throughout the day, and gives you plenty of other categories to choose from (tech, columns, opinion, SmartMoney, etc.) as well if you want.
    11-17-08 08:36 AM
    WSJ Mobile Reader's a great product... actually an OEM version of FreeRange. I'd probably switch from FreeRange to it, except that it only allows for one "tab" of "other feeds". You can have many other feeds, just they all get merged and grouped together, which isn't very convenient if you have a ton of other RSS feeds.

I probably would have kept it if it wasn't for the relatively large program size compared to what I need.
    11-17-08 05:29 PM
    Does anyone know if the MSJ Mobile Reader or the etrade app will let you track stocks that are listed on the TSX
    11-18-08 11:45 AM
    Yes, although they will let you download it without an account.
    I'm confused. You can download it and install it, however, you can/can't use it unless you have an account?

please advise. thx.
    11-19-08 06:38 PM
    I'm confused. You can download it and install it, however, you can/can't use it unless you have an account?

please advise. thx.
    Exactly.

11-19-08 06:44 PM
    Try Fidelity Anywhere. It's not a program you can put on your BB, but you can download the icon. The page loads fast, it gives quotes too. Any exchange I believe.
    11-19-08 07:00 PM
    Does anyone know if the MSJ Mobile Reader or the etrade app will let you track stocks that are listed on the TSX
    It's a while since I tried the WSJ app, but I'm quite sure that it has TSX quotes but not all TSX symbols.
    11-20-08 08:44 PM
    I use thestreet.com mobile app. You can add your own stocks too. Also tracks major indexes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 10:58 PM
    I use thestreet.com mobile app. You can add your own stocks too. Also tracks major indexes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    WSJ & TheStreet.com's mobile aps are cousins of ea other.. both OEM versions of FreeRange
    11-21-08 06:23 PM
    ANyone Tried Stock Reader from BB Apps world?
    I am unable to download it - no matter how I do it.
    My BB Browser just downalods a file called 292 which I can't open/

If someone has been able to download it, pl post it so I can take it.

Thanks in adv
    09-05-09 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD