okay guys for thoses who miss listening to pandora on there blackberry storm well guess what i have a FIX for all T-mobile USA non t-mo. device owners
    ----
    well this is how i found out. a little background info first
    ----
    i bought a 9780
    ----
    well back then i had a blackberry storm & S2 with a Data Plan on my account named: "Blackberry BIS add-on" everything worked fine, later on, T-mobile network issue happened. after that i wasnt ever able to get pandora to play.
    -----
    so.. .
    -----
    well i was due for an upgrade since march, and there is a way to get $50 off my upgrade price by removing my existing "blackberry BIS add-on" which is 20$ AND change my plan to "blackberry 4G web unlimited" which is $30bucks, 10 more than my previous PLAN.
    -----
    well i was bored and i still have my S1 & S2 laying around about to sell them soon.. but yeah i decided to see if pandora works on my old storm2 since i have a different data plan. so i swapped my sim card.. loaded up the phone. registered my phone via host route. now went on the blackberry browser, Downloaded pandora at pandora.com.. than i started the app AND BAM!!! it works !! now finally again it works!!
    -----
    THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD, is to warn people that have blackberry BIS or BES add-on... CETAIN APPS Using APN SETTINGS DO NOT WORK UNLESS, you switch to the new "blackberry 4G Web Unlimited"
    how to get pandora to work on S1 or S2: things you need
    1. blackberry 4G web unlimited plan - 30$ a month
    2. APN SETTING: epc.tmobile.com <|== must be like that, also user & pass should be blank, unchecked
    3. Must have the latest OS 5.0.0.1015 installed on the device

-----
    Updates: working apps at this moment of testing:
    Pandora| weatherbug|googlemaps|Poynt|Appworld|
    m.youtube.com <|== video streaming works also!
    -----
    Also email works just fine just with this new data plan just like the old "blackberry BIS add-on" ive previously had
    ----
    Youtube link:
    <|== Video streaming off youtube
    ---
    questions? comments? reply? more than welcome
    Last edited by h0m3r; 12-19-10 at 11:47 PM. Reason: added a 2nd youtube link
    Ahmi likes this.
    12-18-10 12:23 AM
    I bet folks with S2's on Tmob will be thanking you!
    12-18-10 10:17 AM
    okay guys for thoses who miss listening to pandora how to get pandora to work on S1 or S2: things you need
    1. blackberry 4G web unlimited plan - 30$ a month
    2. APN SETTING: epc.tmobile.com <|== must be like that, also user & pass should be blank, unchecked
    3. Must have the latest OS 5.0.0.1015 installed on the device

questions? comments? reply? more than welcome
    I've never had any issues with Pandora not working on my S2, even well before the .1015 update, with the regular (not the 4g) Tmo BIS add on. Even during the agonizing week I had prepaid data (not BIS) it worked just fine. Is this unusual?
    12-18-10 10:19 AM
    I've never had any issues with Pandora not working on my S2, even well before the .1015 update, with the regular (not the 4g) Tmo BIS add on. Even during the agonizing week I had prepaid data (not BIS) it worked just fine. Is this unusual?
    Well... I don't think so. Well... My girlfriend has the BIS add on on her account and has no problems with pandora. Well... Maybe you and her are the 2 exceptions?
    12-18-10 01:01 PM
    yes there is a difference most people got affected by the tmo. network issue that happened not to long ago. where apps that worked before using apn, suddenly stop working. i was one of those people who where effected, some claim that everything works fine till this day. but most storm users LEFT there storms due to that issue.
    12-18-10 08:08 PM
    okay let me ask the right question. does video streaming work? via " m.youtube.com "

?
    12-18-10 08:11 PM
    ^^No, I usually get a small red error message and will have to wait until connected to my wifi for youtube. That is one of the only things that does not work correctly.
    12-19-10 01:24 AM
    well back to the first post, youtube video streaming works just as well with this data plan ive been speaking about.
    12-19-10 11:29 AM
    ^Whoops, did not even see that part of the original post. I'm going to call them and have the plan switched- I wonder why they don't just use the '4g' plan as the standard BB add on since there are so many people with non-Tmobile phones with these issues? Thanks for all of the information.
    12-19-10 01:03 PM
    ^Whoops, did not even see that part of the original post. I'm going to call them and have the plan switched- I wonder why they don't just use the '4g' plan as the standard BB add on since there are so many people with non-Tmobile phones with these issues? Thanks for all of the information.
    yeah video streaming has always been very important to me...

added a link show me stream

ANY forum Moderator, want to make this sticky for me PLEASE?
    12-19-10 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD