OK. So my boss can finally get 4.5 on his Sprint Curve 8330 - I plan on installing it next week. BUT.............

I need step-by-step instructions (because sometimes I can be a real dolt) on how to get an Excel file from my desktop to his device's DocumentsToGo program WITHOUT THE LUXURY OF AN INTERNET CONNECTION.

Every time I try to send the file as an attachment via email from my Outlook Express main address to another Identity within OE (one which is used only for emails I need to put on his BB), the program keeps sending the email straight back to the Main Identity and not the address I typed in the TO: field. It is infuriating to say the least, and my local Roadrunner/Cable office tells me they can't help me, that I have to call Microsoft for support. Yeah, like I have that kind of money or time!

I have about had it with phones and emails and software and SD cards and technology in general today, so please be gentle with me. I promise not to bite if you're nice. I may not even check in here again until Monday.

Again, please; step-by-step instructions are needed.

Thank you.
    02-13-09 03:06 PM
    Why don't you jsut plug in his blackberry with a USB cable and just transfer the file over?
    02-13-09 03:50 PM
    This doesn't really sound like a BB issue. Have you tried sending it to his BB email address ([email protected])?
    02-13-09 05:12 PM
    This doesn't really sound like a BB issue. Have you tried sending it to his BB email address ([email protected])?
    He doesn't have a BB email address.
    02-16-09 07:40 AM
    Why don't you jsut plug in his blackberry with a USB cable and just transfer the file over?
    Well I would love to do that but as I explained in my initial post, this is exactly what I need directions for. I have never dealt with DTG or Blackberries at all (prior to Sept) and really need some direction here, not a post that answers my question with.....another question.

But thanks.
    02-16-09 07:43 AM
    Here is some basic info, since I have not used DTG on my BB. Make sure you have installed Blackberry Desktop Manager on the PC.

Here is a link if you do not have DM:BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com.
    Click Download, then Select a product, then next. I recommend DM 4.6 without Media Manager.

Once DM is installed, you can connect your BB to the PC with a USB cable with mini connector for the BB. Make sure you have set up mass storage mode on your BB. Options > Media Card, Media Card Support = On, Mass Storage Support = On, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode when Connected = Yes.

Once you connect your BB to your PC you will be able to use Windows Explorer to browse to the SD Card. If it's the first time install of DM, or the first time the BB has been connected to the PC you may see the "new hardware balloon" while windows sets up the BB device driver.

I'm assuming that for DTG there will be a folder on your SD card for documents. You can copy documents from the PC to that folder and you should be able to access the document on your BB once you disconnect it from the PC.

I think with the foregoing and DTG manual you should be able to figure it out. If not, keep posting, and more help will be forthcoming.
    02-16-09 08:06 AM
    I think with the foregoing and DTG manual you should be able to figure it out. If not, keep posting, and more help will be forthcoming.
    Thank you very much - this seems adequate to get me started on the right foot. I will post again if needed.

I guess the next thing I need to learn about is the file system on my BB - I've not really looked at it or attempted to play with it at all (as far as adding new files or renaming existing ones is concerned). I'm afraid I'll just mess something up.
    02-16-09 09:52 AM
    Well if you do, we'll help you fix.
    02-16-09 09:54 AM
    Ok, I got DTG on the phone now. I had to delete it off and re-dload because of some error message, but it's on the phone, finally.

My question: I copy/pasted my Excel spreadsheet from PC to the Blackberry's document file via Windows Explorer.

My next steps on the device were:
    Click: Sheet to Go
    Click: Open a file
    Click: Device Memory
    I scroll down to "documents" folder and click on it to open

...and here where it get's weird. Instead of opening my spreadsheet that I pasted into that folder, I am presented with a folder named "Up" and as I click, it proceeds to back me out the way I came in!!

How do I see this blasted spreadsheet???
    02-19-09 01:38 PM
    Ok, I got DTG on the phone now. I had to delete it off and re-dload because of some error message, but it's on the phone, finally.

My question: I copy/pasted my Excel spreadsheet from PC to the Blackberry's document file via Windows Explorer.

My next steps on the device were:
    Click: Sheet to Go
    Click: Open a file
    Click: Device Memory
    I scroll down to "documents" folder and click on it to open

...and here where it get's weird. Instead of opening my spreadsheet that I pasted into that folder, I am presented with a folder named "Up" and as I click, it proceeds to back me out the way I came in!!

How do I see this blasted spreadsheet???
    Nevermind - I should've gone into Media Card, not Device Memory. Found it.

THANK GOODNESS!!!!
    02-19-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD