I have a S2 and just had to swap it out with a refurb, and now it will not load the Starbucks app. Says my device is not compatible, but it is and it was working until the switch today. Anybody else have this problem?
    02-10-11 10:37 PM
    I have no idea, but Starbucks app? What does it do? Make you coffee?
    02-10-11 11:20 PM
    I have no idea, but Starbucks app? What does it do? Make you coffee?
    LOL! Not quite, but it does everything else. You can reload your Sbux card, check balance, look at your rewards, even pay with your phone (you click on pay and a barcode comes up with your card number, and they scan it). I'm as addicted to Sbux as I am my BB so this is bad, bad, bad!
    02-11-11 06:25 AM
    LOL! Not quite, but it does everything else. You can reload your Sbux card, check balance, look at your rewards, even pay with your phone (you click on pay and a barcode comes up with your card number, and they scan it). I'm as addicted to Sbux as I am my BB so this is bad, bad, bad!
    Searched app world, didn't come up. Where do you get it?
    02-11-11 07:09 PM
    Searched app world, didn't come up. Where do you get it?
    Here is the app.
    Found it on starbucks website, just did a google search for it.

http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse...card-mobile-bb
    02-11-11 10:23 PM
    Oh, OK. I actually thought it was a Starbucks locator or something, but I couldn't figure out why you would need an app to help you find something that is on every corner...lol! At least they are here in Seattle.
    02-12-11 03:35 AM
    It was available in BB App World, but no longer... it's available at the link above, but my phone won't install, even though it is compatible. It's really pissing me off... I used it daily.
    02-12-11 04:34 PM
    I have a S2 and just had to swap it out with a refurb, and now it will not load the Starbucks app. Says my device is not compatible, but it is and it was working until the switch today. Anybody else have this problem?
    Is the replacement Storm running the same OS as your original? What else is different on new device compared to the old?
    02-12-11 05:00 PM
    Is the replacement Storm running the same OS as your original? What else is different on new device compared to the old?

Nope, same OS and I reloaded the same 3rd party apps.
    02-13-11 08:09 AM
    Have you tried downloading the app via the text code from the Starbucks site?
    To download Starbucks Card Mobile for your BlackBerry, text GO to 70845.
    02-13-11 06:35 PM
    I too have been having a problem with this.. I had it on my Bold 9650 with OS5. I updated to OS6 and it was still fine. Had to reinstall OS6 (this time without any apps to make sure it did so correctly) and when I clicked the link provided by the text from 70845 it now says my phone is not supported.. yet I know it worked in the past. Since I now know I am not the only one having this issue, I will try calling Starbucks in the morning and see if they can shed some light on the subject.
    02-15-11 11:16 PM
    Try this link, I was having trouble getting the site to accept my 9650 Bold as a supported device, but came across this link in the CB Blog about the app. Worked great.

NOTE: With the 9650, it will not work (for me at least - and several others) on 3G, you must be on a Wifi. Once you get it registered, then you can use it off line, and it will update itself next time you are on a wifi. I have had several back-and-forth emails to Starbucks Technical Services, and they think it is the BES I am on that is causing the issue. Wouldn't surprise me.
    missenvy likes this.
    02-16-11 10:31 AM
    When I did have the app I never used it on wifi and it was fine
    02-16-11 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD