So far all I have found for an SSH client is Idokorro Mobile SSH for Blackberry which seems ok but not worth $99 does anyone know of any BB SSH software? I dial into my server every once in a while to move some files maybe 1-2 times a month so I am just looking for a cheap alternative.
    01-09-08 11:21 AM
    I haven't tried it myself, but give MidpSSH a shot. I cannot post URLs yet, but give it a Google.
    01-09-08 01:44 PM
    Can MidpSSH still be downloaded? I tried various versions and I kept getting error messages when it tried to install. I'd really like a free/cheap SSH client too - I used it pretty much daily on my Sidekicks.
    03-06-08 06:27 PM
    Can MidpSSH still be downloaded? I tried various versions and I kept getting error messages when it tried to install. I'd really like a free/cheap SSH client too - I used it pretty much daily on my Sidekicks.
    I was having this same problem today, its seems that its impossible with OS 4.2, to do an OTA install. I did a desktop install and it worked correctly. This is actually my first BB and I am very happy I am able to use SSH, as that is what I send most of day using at my PC.
    03-08-08 12:23 AM
    I was having this same problem today, its seems that its impossible with OS 4.2, to do an OTA install. I did a desktop install and it worked correctly. This is actually my first BB and I am very happy I am able to use SSH, as that is what I send most of day using at my PC.
    Ah! So I need to figure out how to do a desktop install. I just got my Curve working last night, so I'm still figuring this stuff out. Thanks for the report!
    03-08-08 12:26 AM
    If you go here:
    xk72.com/midpssh/downloadversion.php?version=1.6.0
    and then scroll down to Blackberry Build (Telnet, SSH1, SSH2)
    download both files:
    OS 4
    ALX file
    COD file

Then connect your BB with the USB cable to your PC (make sure you have installed the CD software already) and then open Desktop Manager, and use the Application Loader to install it.
    03-08-08 12:32 AM
    When I do that, it says no additional applications designed for my device could be found...so, I dunno. You had no problem with this?
    03-08-08 04:39 PM
    When you open up the application loader you will need to click the add button and add the location to the .alx file you downloaded so it adds it to the list of software. Sorry, I left that part out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-08 04:43 PM
    That's what I did -

(1) Open Application Loader
    (2) It checks the configuration
    (3) Comes up with a list of what's already installed
    (4) I click Add... and double-click the .alx file
    (5) "No additional applications designed for your device were found"

Thanks for providing such great help, oulzac!
    03-08-08 04:47 PM
    No problem!

You did download both the .alx and the .cod file for OS 4 correct?
    under the heading Blackberry Build (Telnet, SSH1, SSH2)
    from the link I gave you?
    03-08-08 04:51 PM
    Ah, wait, apparently I have the wrong edition of Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. Guess I need to figure out what the right one is...my Blackberry is from eBay and didn't come with the CD.
    03-08-08 04:52 PM
    in that case go here:
    blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

and select: BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.2 SP2
    03-08-08 04:56 PM
    Okay, I got it installed, thanks! Now if only I can figure out what "Writer: Open tunnel - failure" means. I'll be writing to the author.

ETA: Got it, the documentation wiki helped.
    Last edited by meredithp; 03-08-08 at 05:37 PM.
    03-08-08 05:30 PM
    good deal!
    have fun with it, I have used it way more than I thought I might.
    03-08-08 05:45 PM
    I get Session Error

Writer: Invalid url parameter... no fix yet..
    03-13-08 12:52 PM
    I feel like a total dork for asking this but....... *sigh*

What can you do with this app?
    I...just...never got a clear understanding from the conversation in this thread.

Dm
    03-13-08 02:04 PM
    Bleh... I keep getting this error

"Writer: No Port Specified"
    Then it says: "connecting to (HTTPS IP Address)......

And it just sits there...

Dm
    03-13-08 03:11 PM
    This is an SSH client that allows you to log in to your server (if you have one, if not you can not do anything with this app).

You need edit the settings of the connection profile you are using and set the port to 22 and give a proper IP, you can not use http/www or any URL, only IPs for server access.
    03-13-08 03:15 PM
    Thank you. Understood. I will remove the http from my ip and connect properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-08 11:00 PM
    I keep getting

Session Error

Witer: Invalid url parameter
    05-13-08 04:08 AM
    Same problem here Toykilla.
    I'm about to just delete this program till they include a manual with it.

Dm
    05-13-08 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD