Anyone else have these two application Icons just 'pop up' in their downloads folder tonight?
    Gonna try em now and see if they work!
    03-05-09 08:11 PM
    Yes I had the NASCAR Sprint Cup app show up, but it is a different version (older) than the one I have installed already. I want to delete it but can't. WTF.
    03-05-09 08:33 PM
    so, let us know if you get sound i know you can get just grapics but sound would be awesome !
    03-05-09 08:34 PM
    Well, don't get excited. The Nascar app only comes up and says wait til 2009 for a version with more features. It does nothing else but allows you to exit.

The NFL app allows me to surf draft pick headlines and such, but when you attempt the video/audio portion, it reminds you that this phone is not compatible with streaming.
    I also noticed both apps relied solely on the network, and not my wifi (you can see a definite difference in the data arrows between the two. (wifi vs network)
    03-05-09 09:08 PM
    For the nascar app, it kept saying wait for upgrade instructions forever. Finally I just went to the Sprint store and downloaded, it overwrote the old version with the new so works great now. Just do that, don't wait for it to tell you to upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:18 PM
    but is still just photos no sound right ?
    03-05-09 09:23 PM
    but is still just photos no sound right ?
    I don't see Sprint/Nextel ever acknowledging this phone as being capable of streaming audio or video. The Iden network is not capable of it, and if they suggest it's possible on wifi, only 1/3 of the people are going to actually understand that it means ONLY on wifi, and then the barrage of complaints will start.
    Look at the posts on these forums already about the slow network speed, from people who just assumed that it would be on a fast network.

It might be capable of streaming on wifi, but I doubt we'll see sprint/nextel supporting it with any of their applications.
    03-05-09 09:26 PM
    man i want to hear nascar on the phone if i am not by the tv but i really really like the look and feel of the 8350 i better then the curve on sprint. why couldnt it been what the 950 renagade does for sprint with sprint network but q chat dirrect conect also.
    03-05-09 09:39 PM
    So i am suppose to have the mobile nfl and the nascar app but there not on my phone??? any help?
    03-05-09 10:09 PM
    So i am suppose to have the mobile nfl and the nascar app but there not on my phone??? any help?
    mine just popped up last night, in my downloads folder. Not sure why.
    The nascar stuff didnt work, and the nfl stuff was just news feeds and stats. No streaming.
    If you really want them, they're available for free on your sprint website, in the digital lounge.
    03-06-09 03:11 AM
    I did not get the programs sent to me. I tried to go onto sprint and download NFL Mobile Live, but it keeps telling me that my number is not Nextel!!! Any ideas?

**Never mind, I got it. If anyone is experiencing these same issues - Open the Sprint Store app, then go to Free/Demo, then click on NFL mobile live and download.
    Last edited by quinn4761; 03-06-09 at 09:44 AM.
    03-06-09 09:37 AM
    Yes I have also been told no streaming sound or video over IDEN. Flycast will stream but only over wifi. Can't get nascar app to steam at all, even with wifi. I guess its just not possible over the slow IDEN. Bummer I know.

03-06-09 05:25 PM
    For the nascar app, it kept saying wait for upgrade instructions forever. Finally I just went to the Sprint store and downloaded, it overwrote the old version with the new so works great now. Just do that, don't wait for it to tell you to upgrade.

ok... what if you already have these 2 apps and have the NEW links??? how can i delete them????
    03-06-09 05:48 PM
    i suggest using the dm but it should be able to delete in bb menu button options. I didnt get any!
    03-06-09 05:52 PM
    i suggest using the dm but it should be able to delete in bb menu button options. I didnt get any!
    i have not hooked up to the dm yet, but when you hit the menu button, there is NO delete
    03-06-09 05:56 PM
    so i guess it has to be extracted that way! I guess they aint send it to me cause i wont use it anyways. kinda wack though, cant watch sports live but oh well there will be some sort of fix sooner or later!
    03-06-09 06:04 PM
    ok i just hooked up to the DM and go figure....

NOT LISTED!!!
    the only SCM and NFL listed are the ones i currently have installed.

btw i just got these 2 icons sometime after 2 this afternoon
    03-06-09 06:04 PM
    were you alerted?
    03-06-09 06:11 PM
    nope... saw this post and checked it out. i was just in my download folder around 2 and it was not there. i would have noticed to identical icons side by side.
    03-06-09 06:13 PM
    i just noticed these two apps today

for a min i thought i did some drunken downloading last night

the two apps work the same for me as the other posters in here have said
    03-06-09 07:16 PM
    got them here too, and already had the latest versions installed. had to end up hiding the icons for the install links so i could tell which one was the real app when i want to use it.
    03-06-09 09:37 PM
    sorry it took awhile for me to get bake about this.... AMA Daytona 200 was on!!!

the NFL is the same version... download, installed and the "web link" went away

the SCM... well..... thats an older version and it says the update BS... i had to goto the sprint store, free /demo, and re-re-download it. its installing now, i dont think there will be any problems since its the same version that i had before clicking the link.... BTW i downloaded it and the web link went STAYED!!!!! WHAT BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-06-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD