Are there no UK football / sports fans out there that own a Blackberry??!!

We need an application which provides live updates and scores... a good resource for this would be Sky Sports News...

Does anyone know of a similar existing application??

If not, is there any whizzkid out there that can create one??
    The Iphone has several applications like this but I cannot find one for Blackberry anywhere!!
    04-22-09 04:11 AM
    Have you tried Viigo? There is a section to subscribe to sports feeds. The are options to select updates for live scoring and news for Uk football and English premeire league.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 05:51 AM
    Visit m.Goal.com On Your Mobile!
    04-22-09 06:39 AM
    Thanks for your help!!

I will check this out...

Still would be good to have an application specifically for sports updates and live scores .etc.etc.

Thanks again!!
    04-22-09 06:53 AM
    Viigo is probably the best one I've used so far. Doesn't quite update live, but when you're out and about it gets the job done.
    04-22-09 07:46 AM
    I've been looking for something like this too...like the one for The Hockey News...but for all sports...it'll be nice one day, but for now, all we got is ESPN Mobile, m.goal.com, Viigo, RSS readers, and the Hockey News app.
    04-22-09 08:57 AM
    Try score mobile. It's a US app but does cover Premier League games.

You can also select one games that is being played and have the score updated every few minutes on your home screen!!

08-19-09 03:45 AM
    ScoreMobile is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am totally addicted to it. Free at BBY App World. MLS and EPL are available, plus a shload of other sports.
    08-19-09 03:49 AM
    ScoreMobile does look good... could really do with a UK app... A SkySports application for the UK would be brilliant!

Don't believe I will ever see one though...
    08-19-09 05:14 AM
    I agree i have the sky sports app on my itouch and its great would be nice on the BB tho
    01-09-10 01:43 PM
    Is there any point in having an app for having an Apps sake (if that makes any sense) because the BBC sport website and sky sports website really do everything perfectly and provide more than an app

For Football, tennis and cricket sky have an as live updater which works perfectly, BBC have an as live football scores page (and information ticker) for everything from F1 to Football.

You can get live internet radio for radio 5 live and sky sports soccer saturday live audio (Free) on Moodio, and you could use sky sports mobile tv. I really dont think there is a need for the App because all the information is there in seconds at a touch of a button already. I am a massive sports fan, i live for Football (Aston Villa thank you very much) and I wouldnt concider buying or even using a free an app for it. I tried that Viigo a year or more ago and i wasnt very impressed by it, didnt seem very real time.
    01-09-10 02:33 PM
    Is there any point in having an app for having an Apps sake (if that makes any sense) because the BBC sport website and sky sports website really do everything perfectly and provide more than an app

For Football, tennis and cricket sky have an as live updater which works perfectly, BBC have an as live football scores page (and information ticker) for everything from F1 to Football.

You can get live internet radio for radio 5 live and sky sports soccer saturday live audio (Free) on Moodio, and you could use sky sports mobile tv. I really dont think there is a need for the App because all the information is there in seconds at a touch of a button already. I am a massive sports fan, i live for Football (Aston Villa thank you very much) and I wouldnt concider buying or even using a free an app for it. I tried that Viigo a year or more ago and i wasnt very impressed by it, didnt seem very real time.
    I agree that the BBC website offers probably more info than Scoremobile, but where the app really stands out for me is the fact that you can select a game that is being played, leave the app running in the background and the text under the icon will be displayed on the home screen with the score and updated automatically.
    01-09-10 02:38 PM
    I might have to try that then
    01-09-10 02:45 PM
    Visit m.Goal.com On Your Mobile!
    Forget that, there is a Goal.com app for the Blackberry. It works awesome. It's fast, no bugs, all the categories. Better than the actual website. No Joke.
    01-09-10 02:56 PM
    Try score mobile. It's a US app but does cover Premier League games.

You can also select one games that is being played and have the score updated every few minutes on your home screen!!

it's a cdn app that works in other counties
    01-09-10 03:06 PM
    Something like SportsTap for android would be extremely good, something that could notify you of goals, full time, half time.

That would be brilliant!!!
    02-09-10 04:53 AM
    I have tried to download Goal's application from the website but I am always getting an error.

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Name" attribute is missing.

I have been trying to download it almost every day for the past 2 weeks.
    02-09-10 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD