I was wondering if anyone knows how to obtain write access to Google Docs. I can view or download a document, but I want to make changes to the document and save it. The iPhone and iPod Touch can do this. Is it possible to trick the Google Docs website and have my browser identify itself as iPhone? Or any other ideas to collaborate on the fly and save into an online spreadsheet?
    05-18-09 02:53 PM
    do you have Google Apps Premier Edition or Standard Edition?
    05-18-09 03:16 PM
    do you have Google Apps Premier Edition or Standard Edition?
    Standard. I am just a regular freebie Gmail user.
    05-18-09 03:18 PM
    There is a work around if you have Docs To Go. Download the spreadsheet to your phone, edit in Docs to Go and upload it back to Google Apps via unique email address.

They haven't released the edit feature for BlackBerrys as of yet. Should be soon though.
    05-18-09 03:22 PM
    You may want to check out eOffice 4.5 as well which has a way that you can tap in to Google Docs from the App on your phone.
    05-18-09 03:25 PM
    If I uploaded it from these programs aren't I just creating another version of the original spreadsheet, or can I automatically overwrite my spreadsheet with the newly uploaded one from Docs to Go? Thanks for all your thoughts GB!
    05-18-09 03:28 PM
    I just gave eOffice a quick run and you can open the docs to collaborate.

Definitely worth checking out, they have a free 7 day trial available.
    05-18-09 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD