Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Thumbs up SplashMoney for BlackBerry - not recommended =(

Not worth it and no longer recommended..... Developers are not willing to work w/ the community and they ban individuals from their forum who question their motives and call out the applications weaknesses. They won't even join the CrackBerry forums and discuss the app w/ us.....

Sorry, but i can no longer stand behind this application. I think subsequent comments by other members show exactly where this app stands in its current iteration.
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 07-05-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: added CB Store Link
    CrackBerry Abuser

I purchased the full version yesterday. Once I finally got it loaded (what a pain), it works like a charm for the most part. There are still a few things that I haven't figured out yet. The sync works without any noticeable flaws. This is just what I was looking for.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thanks for the link.
    CrackBerry User

I see mention in the literature that SplashMoney works with Quicken. Does anyone know if it syncs with Microsoft Money?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by icedawg33 View Post
    I see mention in the literature that SplashMoney works with Quicken. Does anyone know if it syncs with Microsoft Money?

absolutely! - SplashMoney - Support
    CrackBerry Abuser

It does not sync with money. But you can easily export your money data into a qif or a csv file, and the import that into splash data.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

I wish it did sync. I was using Ultrasoft Money with my Treo and it did sync flawlessly. It was great. So it looks like I am going to have to export all to Splash Money and ditch ms money? Can someone confirm this?
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had to dich microsoft money and im just using the splash money desktop in place of it. I couldn't find a way to sync bb with microsoft money. But all of my data appears to have converted nicely and the splash money desktop interface is smooth.

Anybody using it at this time? I want to know what the install experience was like for others.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

WEll, I have bought it. Just have not had time to make the swithc. I will agree that the import/ export is a breeze.

What I really liked about MSmoney was the upcoming bills page and how you could highlight certain ones and it would display you balance afterwards. That way you could make plans for spending or transfer money from other accounts if you will be in the red.

Also, I like how I could import the from the bank itself and it would match my entered transactions. Made balancing an account a breeze!!

I guess I will just have to adapt, because i have to have an app on my phone as well. Actually, my first attempt to go bb was over in 30 days because I missed apps like sycing with money and data shield (equivalent to splash ID) and so forth. I ran back to my treo-lol. But Ive made the commitment this time, so hopefully everything goies smooth.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

my apologies guys... i misread the earlier post about syncing (instead of export/import).
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 07-05-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I do believe that there is an upcoming "transaction" feature with splash money. Not sure what it does but it may be similar. Also splash money will go online and sync with your online bank transactions.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    456 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKBERRYFREAK View Post
    I do believe that there is an upcoming "transaction" feature with splash money. Not sure what it does but it may be similar. Also splash money will go online and sync with your online bank transactions.
    I tried going online with Bank of America and was told that it wasn't enabled and was given the 800 number for BofA. They told me that I'd have to enable the online Quicken service and it was going to cost 9.99/month.

I guess I'll just have to download my bank data daily and then import it into Splashmoney.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."-Frederic Bastiat
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts

that sucks.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by cre8tivspirit View Post
    I tried going online with Bank of America and was told that it wasn't enabled and was given the 800 number for BofA. They told me that I'd have to enable the online Quicken service and it was going to cost 9.99/month.

I guess I'll just have to download my bank data daily and then import it into Splashmoney.
    that right there is just another reason why BOA sucks it hard. they are definitely not pro-customer, they are pro-fees.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    484 Global Posts

I tried the online sync to wells fargo and it just sat there. Tried 5 times. Too bad, I was looking forward to that part of the app a lot.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Man. That would almost enough to make me want to switch banks. I am able to get it to work with my bank on the desktop but not the phone.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    PIN
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Does the splash money desktop come with the purchase?
    Luigi

"Excellence is never an accident, it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunity..."
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by inkwell View Post
    Does the splash money desktop come with the purchase?
    yes, it does indeed!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

i would keep trying on the online sync piece.
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 07-05-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    484 Global Posts

I keep trying with Wells Fargo and it doesn't work.... too bad. I don't love giving them my bank password either honestly. That's just me.
    CrackBerry User

PIN

I've used Ascendo Money for the last six months but have been having sync problems, and last night downloaded SplashMoney to check it out.

Question: Is it just me, or is SplashMoney slow? The desktop app is fine, but the device app seems to lag. Anyone else having this problem?

Also, is there a way to increase the device app's typeface on the accounts screen? I know that the typesize can be adjusted within each account, but I don't see an option for changing the size for the account list page.

L
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Quote Originally Posted by lechakan View Post
    Question: Is it just me, or is SplashMoney slow? The desktop app is fine, but the device app seems to lag. Anyone else having this problem?
    its WAY TOO SLOW, but the developers refuse to listen and only produced a single build that is made for the older click wheel devices and not for the modern BBs (by design unfortunately)....
    Last edited by baseballkyle; 07-05-2008 at 12:08 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I don't care for the way they designed the UI. Pressing the trackball has the same effect as pressing the Menu/Options key. Every other app I use the trackball is used to select/open the highlighted item, not bring up a menu. Thus you have to do twice as much work to view anything. I'll stick with Ascendo Money for now.
    Space
    I gotta tell ya, at this point, the length of this conversation is way out of proportion to my interest in it.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Quote Originally Posted by brinky View Post
    I don't care for the way they designed the UI. Pressing the trackball has the same effect as pressing the Menu/Options key. Every other app I use the trackball is used to select/open the highlighted item, not bring up a menu. Thus you have to do twice as much work to view anything. I'll stick with Ascendo Money for now.
    i also agree w/ this complaint completely, BUT Ascendo Money doesn't offer the feature that i need the most.... the ability to see the cleared/uncleared totals at the individual account level AND at the all accounts level - as this allows me to budget using the envelope method of budgeting.
    CrackBerry Abuser

So far so good for me. This is what I've been looking for but I do have a question. Do I have to just paly with the app and figure the features out or is there some place I can go for step-by-step. I set up my accounts on line fine but I can't figure out the budget and reports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast