SpeedNotes v1.1.0 by Gray Matter Apps

Available from BlackBerry App World.

Changes in SpeedNotes v1.1.0:

- Category support added to memo saving.
    - Added Quick Save function for previously saved memos and files.
    - Added option to maximize the available note space.
    - Current note's name now displayed in the banner.
    - File save and load screens now remember their last folder location.
    - Contact Support and Paste Key buttons added to license key input screen.
    - Added Help screen access to the Options screen.
    - Renamed 'Clear' to 'New'.
    - Added encoding support to SMS messages (Set the 'Encoding type' from the 'Options' screen).

SpeedNotes v1.1.0 has been a long time coming, mainly due to other personal commitments, but is finally available as a free upgrade to existing customers. The upgrade has been posted to both Mobihand and BlackBerry App World stores to facilitate ease of upgrading, however, I recommend purchasing from BlackBerry App World if you do not currently own this app. A fully functional 7-day trial is available.

I welcome all and any constructive feedback on this release, either within this thread or via email to [email protected].

I would like to extend my appreciation to everyone who has supported me and my family through their purchase of my BlackBerry products! A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
    Last edited by russnash; 12-23-11 at 04:44 PM.
    joju58, BerryBubbles and sam81 like this.
    12-23-11 04:37 PM
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You and Your Family too!!!

Thank you for your effort and support. This is really is a great upgrade, love this tiny and useful application
    russnash likes this.
    12-23-11 08:17 PM
    Purchased - nice one.
    12-24-11 02:09 AM
    Thanks Russ, got the update!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!
    12-24-11 08:57 AM
    Russ, its good to see you again. I was just getting ready to send you a BBM when I got the update notice. I hope you are doing well and you have a great Christmas. SN is still my mostest favoritest app!
    12-24-11 09:17 AM
    Hi Russ:

Speednotes is the most used app on my device. Seriously, I use it more than actual phone calls, emails, sms, calender...everything. Obviously, I love it. Thank you for creating it! The new features are great additions.

After loading the update, I've ran into a little snag. It's probably something I'm doing wrong, but I can't get the 'Load from file' or the 'Save to file' function to work. Accessing these options takes me to the screen showing 'system/ store/ SDCard/', but when I scroll down & select any one of them, nothing happens. The program never locks up & I can back out. Using the 'Load from MemoPad' & 'Save to Memopad' works fine for me. I've tried the battery pulls, & reboots with no luck. Again, it's probably something silly I'm doing.

Please, do not feel the need to respond till after the Holidays. We all need to spend this special time with our families without distractions. My best holiday wishes to you & your family.
    Thanks Again
    12-24-11 01:21 PM
    Hi Berry,

Thank you so much for the kind words about my app!

The problem you describe isn't one that I'm familiar with, but I'm thinking it may have something to do with the persistent data. Please can you try deleting SpeedNotes from the applications screen (save your current note first), then reboot your device and re-install. If this does not fix the issue, could you please share your device model and exact OS version?

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Russ.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    12-25-11 08:46 AM
    Hi Russ!

Thanks for your response. Here's a recap of what I tried:

Uninstalled SpeedNotes
    Rebooted
    Installed SpeedNotes, set all permissions to allow
    Rebooted
    Opened SpeedNotes & the note that was last displayed in SpeedNotes, before the uninstall, was on screen. (Name is Test.txt)
    Still could not use 'Load from file' or The 'Save to file'.

Uninstalled SpeedNotes
    Deleted Test.txt
    Renamed & moved the folder that I use for 'Save To' SpeedNotes on SD Card.
    Rebooted
    Rebooted
    Opened SpeedNotes & 'Test.txt' displayed.
    Wiped shocked expression off face.
    Still won't allow .txt options.
    Tried to open new note. Took about four times, but finally a new note appeared.
    Went through the uninstall, & install procedure again. No luck.

I have:
    Blackberry 9900
    T-Mobile
    7.0 Bundle 1315 (v7.0.0.250, Platform 5.0.0.448)

Hope You had a Wonderful Day.
    Thanks for your time.

BerryB
    russnash likes this.
    12-25-11 08:20 PM
    Hi Russ!

Thanks for your response. Here's a recap of what I tried:

Uninstalled SpeedNotes
    Rebooted
    Rebooted
    Opened SpeedNotes & the note that was last displayed in SpeedNotes, before the uninstall, was on screen. (Name is Test.txt)
    Still could not use 'Load from file' or The 'Save to file'.

Uninstalled SpeedNotes
    Deleted Test.txt
    Renamed & moved the folder that I use for 'Save To' SpeedNotes on SD Card.
    Rebooted
    Rebooted
    Opened SpeedNotes & 'Test.txt' displayed.
    Wiped shocked expression off face.
    Still won't allow .txt options.
    Tried to open new note. Took about four times, but finally a new note appeared.
    Went through the uninstall, & install procedure again. No luck.

I have:
    Blackberry 9900
    T-Mobile
    7.0 Bundle 1315 (v7.0.0.250, Platform 5.0.0.448)

Hope You had a Wonderful Day.
    Thanks for your time.

BerryB
    Thank you for the detailed information, Kendra. I will see if I can find a simulator for your exact device and OS version and try to replicate your issue.

Russ.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    12-27-11 01:34 PM
    Awesome man!
    Speednotes does have a free trial right? So if mobihand doesn't pay you I assume you could just pull it and current customers would be alright
    12-29-11 12:38 AM
    Awesome man!
    Speednotes does have a free trial right? So if mobihand doesn't pay you I assume you could just pull it and current customers would be alright
    Yup, SpeedNotes reverts to a 7-day fully functional trial version if a license key is not present.

As for Mobihand, they currently owe me over $400. I've had some email contact from them but nothing to make me think that they will pay up in the near future. I will probably pull my products from there in the very near future if I do not receive any payment.

On another note, I've had some questions about when the new version will be available on App World (I'm still waiting for the approval for the new release). Anyone can download the new version of SpeedNotes directly from my server at the following OTA link:

SpeedNotes v1.1.0 OTA

You can either run the above in 7-day trial mode if you do not have a license key or purchase v1.0.0 from App World and use the license key with the above v1.1.0 OTA until App World catches up.

Russ.
    Last edited by russnash; 12-29-11 at 08:27 AM.
    12-29-11 08:24 AM
    Seriously?
    Freaking lame man. Wish I was graduated, I'd try to organize a class action against Mobihand. I don't understand why someone hasn't already.
    12-29-11 10:10 AM
    An update to SpeedNotes v1.1.1 has been released to Mobihand and App World, this fixes the save/load bug that was introduced in v1.1.0.

The update should be immediately available on Mobihand, however, App World will need to approve the new release before it is distributed to their servers. Meanwhile, the updated version of SpeedNotes can be downloaded OTA from my server at the following link:

SpeedNotes v1.1.1 OTA from Gray Matter Apps

Thank you for everyones patience while this fix was created and tested.

Russ.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    01-06-12 07:54 AM
    An update to SpeedNotes v1.1.1 has been released to Mobihand and App World, this fixes the save/load bug that was introduced in v1.1.0.

Russ.
    Oh Russ, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

I have missed using SpeedNotes, as I could not reinstall version 1.0.
    Love the new features. Thanks for all your hard work in developing this great program.

Best Wishes,
    Brenda
    01-07-12 06:46 PM
    Oh Russ, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

I have missed using SpeedNotes, as I could not reinstall version 1.0.
    Love the new features. Thanks for all your hard work in developing this great program.

Best Wishes,
    Brenda
    You're more than welcome, Brenda. Thank you for supporting me and my family by purchasing my software! I'm sorry that the fix took so long to release.

Russ.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    01-09-12 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD