It would be nice if the speed dialer from the Home screen could be used to launch applications, not just dial phone numbers. For example, I could hold down B for a second and have it launch the web browser, or C would launch the calculator.

Is there the ability to do this now with a third-party app?

--drew
    01-26-09 07:48 AM
    If you turn off dial from home screen you can do this!
    01-26-09 07:49 AM
    I can't find the option to turn off dial from home screen. I'm sure I've seen it before, but I can't find it now. Where is it again?

Thanks.
    01-26-09 08:09 AM
    If you turn off dial from home screen you can do this!
    Kinda.. they still lack the basic capability of setting your own shortcuts.
    01-26-09 08:12 AM
    I can't find the option to turn off dial from home screen. I'm sure I've seen it before, but I can't find it now. Where is it again?

Thanks.
    I'd look either in phone options or options for keyboard/screen. This is off the top of my head so I can't confirm.
    01-26-09 08:13 AM
    I'm using OS 217. Not sure if this option is missing now because of that. Still digging.
    01-26-09 08:20 AM
    I'm using OS 217. Not sure if this option is missing now because of that. Still digging.
    Hit the green call botton

Select Options

General Options

6th down is Dial From Home Screen. Change to No
    01-26-09 08:40 AM
    Open up your phone app ie press your green call button...then click on your BB button then scroll down to options and click that...then click on general options and scroll down to dial from home screen and set it to no.

Exit out and save and you should now be able to use the shortcuts...by the way you cant map shortcuts unfortunately...they are set in stone so to speak.
    01-26-09 08:42 AM
    thanks, found it. Suprised it was not under the options wrench looking icon.

Now have try each key and see what happens. Speed dial seems to override the application shortcut when key is pressed and held.

A = address book
    B = browser
    C = call
    D = add memo
    E
    F = Sound Profile
    G
    H = Help
    I
    J
    K = Keyboard Lock
    L = caLendar