Any app for an 8330 that will convert speech to a text message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 01:18 PM
    Vlingo will do this. The free version will allow you to reply to a text. The paid version will let you send a new SMS. Many have complained about the price, but I think $18.00 for a lifetime subscription is well worth the money.

The program does tons of neat stuff including voice dialing, launching programs, sending e-mail, updating Twitter and Facebook status all with just your voice.

Give it a try!
    08-12-09 01:35 PM
    Ok I have the free version but how do you use it to reply?
    When I access the program it seems to just show news and weather and whatnot.

08-12-09 01:43 PM
    Are you referring to Viigo? That is a newsreader application. Vlingo is a different program. A lot of people seem to get the two confused. There is no news or weather in Vlingo.

With Vlingo, there will be a Reply with Vlingo in the menu options.
    08-12-09 01:53 PM
    OOOOOHHHH....

Okie doke, guess ill find vlingo

08-12-09 02:04 PM
    Try BB App World. It is there. Good luck!
    08-12-09 02:46 PM
    I got it. Thanks. Its awesome.

08-13-09 12:53 PM
    Vlingo will do this. The free version will allow you to reply to a text. The paid version will let you send a new SMS. Many have complained about the price, but I think $18.00 for a lifetime subscription is well worth the money.

The program does tons of neat stuff including voice dialing, launching programs, sending e-mail, updating Twitter and Facebook status all with just your voice.

Give it a try!
    I believe it only lets you reply/forward to Vlingo blackberry users only for free. Other than that, you need to pay up.
    08-13-09 03:54 PM
    Glad you like it. PMUSNGI is right. You can only reply/forward to Vlingo BB users for free. My error. I still think $18 is a small price to pay for such a useful service. I know others have complained about it, but I am happy to pay if it keeps the service up and running.
    08-13-09 09:13 PM
    $18 (20 in Canada) is a HUGE jump from FREE when they were working with beta 2. That's why people complained. Beta 2 offered full functionality, absolutely free.

That said, vlingo still gives me trouble because of my "lower" voice. It seems to have difficulty picking up my words.
    08-14-09 03:19 AM
    Hi, Have you looked at MyCaption.com? For longer accurate dictation and for dictating appointments, tasks, memos, contact notes, as well as emails, we offer great value for money, starting at $5.95 a month. A limited-duration free trial is available. After that, you should decide the value for yourself. All the best.
    08-15-09 05:23 PM
    Ooph! $5.95 a month?? That's expensive!
    08-15-09 05:25 PM
    Definitely not doing $5.95 a month when Vlingo does it free after $17.99... I refuse to be nickel and dimed to death..
    08-15-09 05:42 PM
    I have Vlingo and it is the best! You can update Facebook on it too!
    08-15-09 06:38 PM
    I'm a truckdriver and it's my fav. I send my text and emails without having to pull my truck off of the road. Just hold the button and have at it. Worth the price of admission to me.
    08-15-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD