SpeakerOn v.0.99

OS 4.6 and later: SpeakerOn - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store ,
    OTA Link, 4.6

Special build for OS 4.5: OTA Link

SpeakerOn is a useful application for BlackBerry smartphones designed to be used in your car when you are driving.

It has specially settings which allows you an easy use of the phone while you have to keep your attention on the road while driving the car.

For example, when you get up in your car and plug-in the car charger, the SpeakerOn service is automatically enabled. If you answer an incoming call or make outgoing call, the service will automatically activate the loudspeaker / speakerphone so that you just simply talk without to touch the phone.

Features:
    • Counter-down mode. Set up SpeakerOn mode for limited time period at once.
    • Scheduler mode. Enables SpeakerOn mode by schedule. Usual used for recurring travels, like a road to office and back to home
    • Charger mode. The SpeakerOn mode can be automatically enabled when you get up in the car and plug-in the phone compatible car charger, and will be disabled when charge disconnected. If you have active craddle in your car - this is a best choice for safe driving with your BlackBerry.
    • Holster detection. SpeakerOn will disable when you put your BlackBerry into magnetic holster. You do not need to disable SpeakerOn when you leave the car - just put it into the holster!
    • Headset detection. SpeakerOn will detect if you have headset connected in active SpeakerOn mode. But when you disconnect it or your bluetooth headset is discharged - all calls will be transfered via the speakerphone.
    • Auto answer. Using auto-answer service you can keep your attention on the road. SpeakerOn will automatically answer an incoming call after a specified period. You have just to keep driving and the phone will auto-answer. You can also answer the call as normally.
    • Auto redial. User busy? No problem. Just redial without pressing any buttons...

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by AlexXF; 09-22-10 at 02:40 AM.
    09-14-10 06:59 AM
    Just want to get this up here. I would certainly like to try this program. I spend a lot of time in the car, and fumbling for the speaker button at times can be a bad thing. I will send pin in PM to you.
    09-14-10 07:09 AM
    Email sent!
    09-14-10 08:29 AM
    Email sent

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 10:36 AM
    Email sent. Can't wait to try it out!

09-14-10 11:14 AM
    email sent - thanks Alex!
    09-14-10 11:35 AM
    Email Sent Thank You
    09-14-10 01:36 PM
    Email sent and thanks in advance.

09-14-10 11:49 PM
    Got the full version, Thanks! Works well as described. My 2 complaints, which are a big deal for me, although pribably not for everyone.
    1. No way to totally shut down the app. It is always running.
    2. It starts automatically when you reboot the phone. I HATE when apps do this, I think it should by an option in the settings.
    Otherwise, a great app. Nice job.

09-15-10 05:05 AM
    1. No way to totally shut down the app. It is always running.
    If you shut down the app, scheduler will not work. I can add 'exit from the application', but this will shutdown scheduler...
    09-15-10 06:03 AM
    Sounds interesting! Email sent.

09-15-10 06:20 AM
    If you shut down the app, scheduler will not work. I can add 'exit from the application', but this will shutdown scheduler...
    I would just add an otion box to check off whether to load at startup. This way if users feel they don't want it running, they can just start the app when desired. I personally love the scheduler option.

I have been using this for a couple of days now, and I would have to say that I am hard pressed to find something wrong with this beta. Shocked actually. Usually there are so many things I catch during beta testing of apps. I have tried every option and it works as advertised. The only thing I have not been able to test is when a headset runs out of battery because my Jawbone runs for quite a while without the need for a charge.

I ALWAYS use the speaker on mostly every call (because since the 9000 it all went down hill), unless it is obviously very private, or would be interupting/disrespectful to do so. I find that I am now leaving the setting on permanent, and am very happy with that. It keeps me from always hitting the infamous "S".

Very pleased with this! So simple, and yet another function RIM has continued to comletely forget about. I have sent plenty of feedback to RIM about this in the past, and it stays the same. But you have come and conquered! I will try to beat it up some more, but it seems it is so simple that "it just works"!

Thanks!
    ATB
    09-15-10 12:46 PM
    Thanks to all for the testing.
    09-16-10 12:33 AM
    Tried it out today. I set up a "scheduler" for my drive
    home from work. And when I took my bb out, SpeakerOn
    was up and running.

But there are two things about SpeakerOn that I don't really like.
    I don't like having things running when not in use and
    SpeakerOn is always running in the background.
    Maybe an option to shut it off totally when not in use
    and nothing is scheduled.
    Also the icon in the banner, looks like my missed
    call icon. Is there anyway to change it or make a
    different icon?
    09-16-10 06:04 PM
    This app works very smoothly for me.

A number of people are worrying about the fact that it's always running, and surely then the main issue is, what is the battery drain? If its not significant, then who cares?
    Last edited by arnie27; 09-16-10 at 11:12 PM.
    09-16-10 11:09 PM
    Working on new functions (in one-two days will be completed):

+ Auto answer
    + Auto re-dial
    + Callback
    09-17-10 10:16 AM
    Nice... Although I want total control over when I answer a call (I assume that would be an option anyway), the last 2 additions would be much appreciated on my end.
    09-17-10 10:30 AM
    Alex those new functions sound nice, but have to agree with MADBRADNYC
    hopefully there is an options to control them.

Think I found a bug, I had SpeakerOn as scheduled
    for my trip home. I put my Bluetooth headset on and when
    I got a call, I pushed the button on my headset to answer
    it and it did answer but the caller came though my bb speaker
    and not my headset.
    I just checked my setting and I have the option
    "Do not activate if headset is connected" "YES"
    Is this option only for "wired" headset?
    Then what about Bluetooth headsets?

Also notice that SpeakerOn does not turn on when
    in my charging cradle, but does turn on when the
    charger is plugged straight into my BB.
    09-17-10 03:00 PM
    Also notice that SpeakerOn does not turn on when
    in my charging cradle, but does turn on when the
    charger is plugged straight into my BB.
    If you use charging craddle (BB 9700, 9650) then speakerphone will be enabled by OS on incoming/outgoing call.

I put my Bluetooth headset on and when
    I got a call, I pushed the button on my headset to answer
    it and it did answer but the caller came though my bb speaker
    and not my headset.
    Hm. I've tested on wired headset only. Need to test on Bluetooth headset.
    09-17-10 07:19 PM
    my Bluetooth headset
    This is a official RIM bug (from OS 4.5...!!!) - function isHeadset does not works with BlueTooth headsets...

Looking for soluton.
    09-17-10 08:15 PM
    Oh ok thanks Alex for all the info.
    09-17-10 08:21 PM
    This is a official RIM bug (from OS 4.5...!!!) - function isHeadset does not works with BlueTooth headsets...

Looking for soluton.
    I used it with my Jawbone...
    09-17-10 08:32 PM
    I've create my own trick, but it works for OS 5.0 and later. It's a realy pain to detect BT headset connected, because there is no WORKING API from RIM that works with BT headset.
    09-18-10 03:45 AM
    Ahh... I see. Good info.

09-18-10 04:08 AM
    Version 0.99:

OTA (OS 4.6 and later)

OTA (OS 4.5)

What's new:

+ Fixed bluetooth headset issue (on OS 5.0 and later)
    + Auto-answer option
    + Auto-redial option
    09-19-10 08:39 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD