I currently have the BB Storm 9530 and I am looking for an application that will ID songs no matter where I hear music. I previoiusly owned the LG Voyager which had Get IT Now (Verizon); this came with Song ID. I love music and I am lost without the Song ID!!
    12-28-08 10:43 AM
    Nobex Radio Companion is what I use and I love it! I'm a curve owner but hopefully it works on the storm as well. It IDs songs and let's me stream certain radio stations. I got it on mobileblackberry(dot)com Hope this helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 11:51 AM
    Nobex Radio Companion is what I use and I love it! I'm a curve owner but hopefully it works on the storm as well. It IDs songs and let's me stream certain radio stations. I got it on mobileblackberry(dot)com Hope this helps!

Thanks for your response! I already downloaded the radio companion; but it does not allow me to ID songs if I am listening to a song on TV or in a club or standing in a store for example. There are times when the current song playing on the radio does not list. Are you experiencing this?
    12-28-08 12:54 PM
    Rarely- but I have had this happen. Sometimes there's a delay but the song does pop up eventually.

12-28-08 01:03 PM
    Rarely- but I have had this happen. Sometimes there's a delay but the song does pop up eventually. I would love to have a song ID program like you're talking about! If I find one I'll let ya know!!! And keep me posted if you find one pls!

12-28-08 01:04 PM
    is it as good as the iphones 'shazaam'?
    12-28-08 01:05 PM
    Never used or heard of Shazaam.... Maybe I'm out of touch LOL if its not for blackberry I don't keep up too much. But I have heard of something iPhone has... Is shazaam the program that "listens" to music and recognizes it?

12-28-08 01:35 PM
    i think that the song id is the only thing i miss from my old phone
    12-28-08 09:05 PM
    I sure will; I had this capability with my Voyager..I really miss it!!
    12-29-08 02:07 AM
    is it as good as the iphones 'shazaam'?
    Yes it is!!
    12-29-08 02:11 AM
    Yes it is.
    12-29-08 02:13 AM
    Is this still program a myth or is it really a app for the curve 8300 series

01-17-09 12:29 PM
    No one ever said it was an app for the curve

01-17-09 12:36 PM
    There was another thread that said it was a app for curve

01-17-09 12:39 PM
    Never used or heard of Shazaam.... Maybe I'm out of touch LOL if its not for blackberry I don't keep up too much. But I have heard of something iPhone has... Is shazaam the program that "listens" to music and recognizes it?

Yes and it's an awesome app... I miss that app a lot. It wasn't even to just recognize the song as sometimes I knew the name of it, but just wanted to it tag it so I can remember it download the song later.
    01-17-09 03:23 PM
    Oh- that sounds really cool!!! I use Nobex to do the same but it would be great to have an app that listens to, and recognizes all music everywhere!

01-17-09 03:26 PM
    v cast song id is finally out. went to apps download under verizons services and saw song id. it's about time!
    06-08-09 03:51 AM
    v cast song id is finally out. went to apps download under verizons services and saw song id. it's about time!
    Where did you find this?
    06-08-09 08:44 AM
    its on the home page of your browser.

I have been waiting for this!

Great free application.
    06-08-09 09:01 AM
    Hooray! THANK YOU!
    06-08-09 09:03 AM
    You can get the VZ song ID if you go to your browswer and go to bookmarks-homepage-get apps, and you will see V-cast song ID at #8 on the list.
    06-08-09 09:50 AM
    It's been out for about 3-4 weeks now. It's a nice app but run a little bit sluggish at times.

06-08-09 10:40 AM
    Also of course Shazam itself is out for BB as well and works wonders
    06-08-09 10:59 AM
    Use vcast song I'd from verizon.
    V Cast Song Id

MAKE SURE U GO TO ADVANCED OPTIONS THEN APPLICATIONG AND SET SONGID PERMISSIONS TO ALLOW ALL

06-08-09 11:05 AM
    I use Shazam... that's all you need! Best program for this purpose!

wwwDOTshazamDOTcom/music/web/pages/blackberryDOThtml
    06-08-09 10:39 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD