Where do I find it? Did it come already installed? Thanks
    07-21-09 07:27 PM
    It will be in the Applications Center on your phone. Click it to download it and then it will be in the Downloads folder.

Where do I find it? Did it come already installed? Thanks
    07-21-09 07:28 PM
    the Big V tour comes with one although you have to download and install it through the Verizon Application Center, and idk of any other application if it works, because the i can use the V Cast one fine
    07-21-09 07:29 PM
    Thanks...I hid the App Center, that's why I could find the thing!
    07-21-09 07:31 PM
    What you are looking for is Shazam. I haven't tried the BB version but used the WM version quite a bit. Good app, ID's the song and lets you SMS the results to yourself or someone else. It says it is on Appworld but I can't find it. Just do the OTA download.

edit
    Never mind, I skipped where you were on Verizon and that they have their own app.
    07-21-09 07:45 PM
    I had a hard time getting shazam through the app world while at work. Went to the shazam site directly on my Tour and it says not supported on device. When I got home i decided to investigate further and followed the link next to the BB App world logo on the website "http://is.gd/IWHh" on my phone's browser, it downloaded and works flawlessly. I upgraded to the full version for only $5.

I hope that makes sense and helps.
    07-21-09 07:55 PM
    I tried the vcast song I'd once. It couldn't identify "fire and rain" by james taylor. So I got shazam as above because other than classical music it gets them all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 08:45 PM
    There is also a similar app for radio "Currently Playing" songs by Nobex.
    07-21-09 08:49 PM
    shazam, and its free.
    07-21-09 09:08 PM
    I had a hard time getting shazam through the app world while at work. Went to the shazam site directly on my Tour and it says not supported on device. When I got home i decided to investigate further and followed the link next to the BB App world logo on the website "http://is.gd/IWHh" on my phone's browser, it downloaded and works flawlessly. I upgraded to the full version for only $5.

same here

07-21-09 09:15 PM
    shazam, and its free.
    I don't think Shazam is free for BB's.. I had it on my 8330, but I just used the trail period.

Shazam also isn't in the App World either. The last time I checked (a few days ago) Shazam isn't available for the Tour yet.

So Sprint Tour users are stuck for now
    07-21-09 09:18 PM

I'll have to give that a try
    07-21-09 09:21 PM
    So Sprint Tour users are stuck for now
    Downloaded it from the Shazam site about an hour ago and it works fine. I used the link above (it's on the Shazam site too).
    07-21-09 10:03 PM
    What is this 'shazam' you all speak of?

07-22-09 01:00 AM
    What is this 'shazam' you all speak of?

Song identification app. Basically your device "listens" to a song that is playing in your vicinity and then tells you what it is and who sings it. Pretty neat little app. I've only seen it on my roomies iPhone though. I'm gonna have to try it from the link given above.
    07-22-09 04:12 AM
    I have it on my 8330. Thing that really sucks is it's free on the iphone but we have to pay $5 for it.
    07-22-09 09:02 PM
    What you are looking for is Shazam. I haven't tried the BB version but used the WM version quite a bit. Good app, ID's the song and lets you SMS the results to yourself or someone else. It says it is on Appworld but I can't find it. Just do the OTA download.

edit
    Never mind, I skipped where you were on Verizon and that they have their own app.
    Will this link work for my Storm?
    07-28-09 10:52 PM
    Shazam is now available in BB Appworld
    07-28-09 11:12 PM
    Shazam is now available in BB Appworld
    Yes, but I'm running 5.0 and App World doesn't work on it.
    07-28-09 11:23 PM
    Yes, but I'm running 5.0 and App World doesn't work on it.
    If you have a Storm 2(*) with 5.0.x you can use the 4.7+ link in my sig. The current Vodafone branded firmware (5.0.0.138) seems to have an issue using wi-fi in java but other than that it works well. Hopefully this java/wi-fi issue is not present in the current Verizon firmware.

(*) storm 2 is not officially supported by Shazam until RIM releases the device to the public.
    Last edited by robinShazam; 07-29-09 at 04:41 AM. Reason: corrected vodafone firmware version
    07-29-09 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD