does anyone know if there is a song ID app for the Storm, similar to something like the VCast Song ID?
    Last edited by soccerplayer; 11-27-08 at 09:33 PM.
    11-27-08 09:25 PM
    i would like to know as well...thanks
    11-27-08 09:57 PM
    I have been missing my song ID as well. That thing was awesome!
    11-27-08 10:05 PM
    At this time, there isn't one. I did talk to someone at the Verizon store that said they are going to come out with the VCast for the Storm which will include the Song ID. They didn't know when. But when it does come out, all we'd have to do is bring it into the store and upgrade it with the software.
    11-27-08 10:06 PM
    I definitely want this when its available. Nobex Radio Companion works for other BBs but not the Storm....yet.
    Last edited by Jetsetter42; 11-28-08 at 06:58 AM.
    11-28-08 06:56 AM
    At this time, there isn't one. I did talk to someone at the Verizon store that said they are going to come out with the VCast for the Storm which will include the Song ID. They didn't know when. But when it does come out, all we'd have to do is bring it into the store and upgrade it with the software.
    How long has verizon had blackberries? And they haven't come out with any type of Vcast for them yet. I don't see them starting anytime soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 07:01 AM
    How long has verizon had blackberries? And they haven't come out with any type of Vcast for them yet. I don't see them starting anytime soon.

they actually did. go to m.vcast.com and you get vcast videos for free. that came out like 2-3 months ago. the part the hadnt come out with was an application store like get it now, but they have that now on the storm and it will be expanding in march.
    11-28-08 07:12 AM
    Question is are they gonna come out with any apps other than viigo, flickr and facebook. Hate to say it but us Storm users aren't gonna have nearly as many cool apps as the iPhone. Granted it was built for a business device but I would still like the options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry
    .com
    11-28-08 07:55 AM
    they actually did. go to m.vcast.com and you get vcast videos for free. that came out like 2-3 months ago. the part the hadnt come out with was an application store like get it now, but they have that now on the storm and it will be expanding in march.
    So I tried the site out and this is what I get:
    Welcome to V*CAST ...the free site where you can see what Verizon's premium V*CAST offering is all about. Browse channels and shows, share videos with friends, and share your experience with your social network. Please keep in mind that watching videos on your phone consumes large amounts of data, we strongly encourage you to get an unlimited data plan. Premium V*CAST is not available on Blackberry or Windows Mobile devices.

I can cruise through the site and read about the videos but cannot play them. Is there something that I am missing?

11-28-08 08:01 AM
    Blackberries are still primarily business devices. Verizon will most likely start changing their strategy with them due to the storm. It is more consumer oriented, still retaining all the business apps that BB's are known for but having features that the average user would like. The iPhone is just the opposite, it was aimed at the consumer in the first place. It is starting to adapt to the business side of things.

As verizon sees how many regular people are buying it they will direct more and more of their efforts and resources at it. I never really use the Vcast, I think I tried the song ID once, but I have Satellite radio and it always tells me what song is playing in the first place.
    11-28-08 08:10 AM
    So I tried the site out and this is what I get:
    Welcome to V*CAST ...the free site where you can see what Verizon's premium V*CAST offering is all about. Browse channels and shows, share videos with friends, and share your experience with your social network. Please keep in mind that watching videos on your phone consumes large amounts of data, we strongly encourage you to get an unlimited data plan. Premium V*CAST is not available on Blackberry or Windows Mobile devices.

I can cruise through the site and read about the videos but cannot play them. Is there something that I am missing?

Yes make sure you are using the blackberry browser setting and not Firefox or IE.

11-28-08 08:19 AM
    Yes make sure you are using the blackberry browser setting and not Firefox or IE.

That is the normal setting for me. I haven't found too many sites that need any other setting.

11-28-08 08:25 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vca...-storm-103177/

i liked the song ID as well. i'm sure an app will be forthcoming.

11-28-08 08:28 AM
    has anyone heard about this app?
    01-28-09 11:39 AM
    Shazam Music Recognition App Coming To BlackBerry | BerryReview.com �

01-28-09 11:57 AM
    That will be 'trick' when it's available.
    01-28-09 12:02 PM
    how reliable is that site? do you think it will actually be out in a few weeks cause that would rock!
    01-28-09 12:07 PM
    Nobex definitely works on the storm. I have it running on mine. It gives you a playlist for FM radio stations. It also has a few stations you can play from your phone.
    Here is their website:
    Nobex Radio Companion - Download
    01-28-09 12:29 PM
    I have used nobex on my storm and worked well but didnt offer stations i was wanting to be able to listen to

more then likely something will be coming similar to vcast song id when the appstore comes in march...as far as taking a storm or any pda into a store for a software upgrade do not waste your time we......i mean they :-) cannot perform upgrades on any kind of pda in the retail stores..they have to be done ota or through home pc/mac...this is due to pda's normally carrying more sensative information...contacts corp email, calanders and stuff that most normal phones do not completely use...
    01-28-09 12:40 PM
    That is a good question. I really miss the VCast Song ID from my voyager, but I don't know that I would even want to put VCast on my Storm if it became available. That was really all I ever used it for.
    01-28-09 12:53 PM
    Vcast plus espn mvp should be out in march with the app center. I do miss song I'd plus it was free

01-28-09 12:57 PM
    where is app store? I haven't been able to find anything regarding storm apps from verizon
    01-28-09 01:11 PM
    app store is going to be bb supported not VZW...i spoke to a bb rep at a kickoff and all he could say was march
    01-28-09 01:23 PM
    I want\need a music ID app!!!!
    01-28-09 01:35 PM
    This would be a great app to have
    01-28-09 01:45 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD