For the first time ever I got a screen that said App Error 523 Reset. I just took my phone out of the holster, it had been working when I put it in. I clicked the trackpad my bb rebooted and everything seems to be working fine. I did just download an app a few days ago but it doesn't run when the backlit is on. I am really confused as to why this happened. How can I find out what caused this? I really need this phone to last until ATT releases the 9900. Thanks for any help.
    09-22-11 03:04 AM
    For the first time ever I got a screen that said App Error 523 Reset. I just took my phone out of the holster, it had been working when I put it in. I clicked the trackpad my bb rebooted and everything seems to be working fine. I did just download an app a few days ago but it doesn't run when the backlit is on. I am really confused as to why this happened. How can I find out what caused this? I really need this phone to last until ATT releases the 9900. Thanks for any help.
    Error 523 usually means corrupted software, usually a bad .cod. Since you just downloaded an app and you've never had an issue up to now, I'd wager that app is your culprit - try deleting it, do a battery pull, and see if that solves the problem.
    09-22-11 04:13 AM
    IMO, it's the BB version of the BSOD or the Blue Screen of Death. Things just don't work out sometimes and your BB resets, just like on a computer. I've had that happen a couple of times. The phone shuts off, resets and all is right with the world. I'd suggest that if it does it a lot, delete the app you installed, battery pull and reinstall, but if it just did it this once, I wouldn't sweat it.
    09-22-11 08:55 AM
    523 isn't a major problem. Its just that your BB caught a criminal cod and is trying to get rid of it/fix it. Don't fret. Delete the app you downloaded before if that error comes again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 09:07 AM
    Thanks guys, I know there is a conflict with this app and one other. They won't show on the home screen at the same. I will have to decide which one to keep and which one to get rid of. I had a problem with my phone not dimming after I used one of the apps even though the other isn't running a reboot fixed. I will delete and reinstall the offending app to see if it improves. Thanks again.
    09-22-11 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD