Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Some Apps not available on 9330?

Hey I am new to all things Blackberry. so far I am really enjoying the phone.
    However, for some reason I can't seem to download some of the apps I was looking forward to.

Pandora, poynt, urbanspoon and others come up as "not available on your device or for your carrier."

is there a reason these are not supported on this phone? they seem to be supported on every other blackberry.
    Is there something I am missing here?
    Last edited by Orphangrade; 10-17-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: found one of the apps to work (opera mini)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    PIN
    319105AE

Just go to Poynt is a free local search application for your iPhone or BlackBerry smartphone. on your phone and dl it from there, thats how I did it. As far as the other apps, you might want to try the same thing.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yeah, I haven't been able to get a bunch of apps.
    Tumblr, poynt, urbanspoon, AIM. I thought it was especially weird that AIM wouldn't work since it came on the BB.

Pandora works for me though.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I Can not get Pandora to work on my Smart Phone 9330. I have downloaded and installed it several times. I have done the soft reboot and the hard reboot. The P Icon to load Pandora Never appears. Can someone help me. I really like Pandora and want to use it!! Thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

I can't get Pandora to work either. Deleted, downloaded again, battery pull. It starts up, shows my libraries, but then gets stuck.

That being said, I love the Curve 9330! A fabulous upgrade from my Pearl 8130, and I loved that one!
    CrackBerry User

I'm also having this issue with Evernote. It says on their site that it supports Curve phones but I cannot find it in the App World...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    PIN
    215B4058

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari7 View Post
    I'm also having this issue with Evernote. It says on their site that it supports Curve phones but I cannot find it in the App World...
    Try doing a search for it and downloaad directly from the vendor. Don't always rely on what App World tells you. All the apps I had for my 9700 are on my 9330 except certain themes. The apps for the 8520,8530 and 8900 will work on the 9330. Hope this helps a little!
    Hutch66-follow me on Twitter @PghSportsGuy
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    PIN
    215B4058

Quote Originally Posted by BBGolfer View Post
    I can't get Pandora to work either. Deleted, downloaded again, battery pull. It starts up, shows my libraries, but then gets stuck.

That being said, I love the Curve 9330! A fabulous upgrade from my Pearl 8130, and I loved that one!
    Pandora should work. Even though it doesn't appear in App World if you go to Pandora directly and download from there it should download and install. Try changing the permissions to allow all. That's what I did and it works great.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    PIN
    215B4058

Quote Originally Posted by Jfox34 View Post
    I Can not get Pandora to work on my Smart Phone 9330. I have downloaded and installed it several times. I have done the soft reboot and the hard reboot. The P Icon to load Pandora Never appears. Can someone help me. I really like Pandora and want to use it!! Thanks
    Take a look at the BBGolfer reply and see if that helps.