I was trying to post this in the Tips/FAQs section, but for some reason it said I didn't have the right privileges. Hopefully a mod can just move this over.

So, I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing issues with the things in the thread title, but I have been plagued by delayed e-mails from both Hotmail and Live accounts, and sometimes, e-mails that don't arrive on the Hotmail account. In any case, I have discovered a solution that has lead to almost instantaneous, in-less-than-a-min arrival of emails! And this is also for those who have their facebook accounts linked to a hotmail account, and like me, have been receiving notifications of comments/wallposts 20-30 minutes later. No longer do you have to wait or manually refresh facebook. Without further delay, here's the how to -

1. Navigate to E-Mail Settings

2. Find the problematic Hotmail/Windows Live email account and select it then go to edit

3. After edit, scroll down to change protocol, and proceed.

4. If all goes well you will see the follow. Then just re-enter you password and hit save

And that's it, people! Please, let me know if this helps.
    PS- the only thing you need to know is every 360 days, you have to simply "re-validate" account by simply going to email settings and typing in the same password and hitting save.
    Last edited by amoney3; 01-16-10 at 09:17 PM.
    01-16-10 09:11 PM
    There is already an exhaustive thread detailing the extra same resolution to this problem but thanks for taking the time to post anyway.
    01-18-10 06:32 AM
    i don't have the option to change protocol in my hotmail acct .
    01-18-10 12:49 PM
    There is already an exhaustive thread detailing the extra same resolution to this problem but thanks for taking the time to post anyway.
    Is there? I spent about twenty minutes searching crackberry and google, but found no such thread. Can you please post the link; this way, I can simply move my post to add to it.
    Thanks

i don't have the option to change protocol in my hotmail acct .
    Have you ever tried to fix the issue before? If not, it may just be a fluke. Try to delete and re-add the email account. Hopefully, that might rectify the issue.
    01-18-10 02:25 PM
    Is there? I spent about twenty minutes searching crackberry and google, but found no such thread. Can you please post the link; this way, I can simply move my post to add to it.
    Thanks
    Here's the link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/fina...answer-361096/

In all fairness, I have searched Crackberry before for a thread I know exists to point someone else to it and it doesn't appear to come up in the results
    01-19-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD