Hey, everyone. I'd like some feedback about which social networking app you use and prefer. I have access to both and I've tried them a little but ended up removing them from my device because I found they alerted too much and took up too much space. Do you have a preference for one over the other and why?
    03-14-11 01:07 PM
    SocialScope was my favorite. I like the ability to mute Facebook apps and people to help keep the feed looking cleaner. Plus, being able to view and post to pages is a nice feature. Those features are what sold me on it.
    03-14-11 10:06 PM
    I really like Hootsuite...never tried social scope.
    03-17-11 04:29 PM
    the up and coming twitter for bb and facebook for bb are sweet. I have both, and found no need to use social scope (which I felt was a huge memory hog), and hootsuite just didn't work well with OS6.
    03-17-11 04:59 PM
    Hootesuite sucks compared to SS (imo) although I may got back to RIM's twitter and facebook.
    03-18-11 12:05 AM
    I enjoy and use SS exclusively.
    03-18-11 01:45 AM
    I too had installed both some time back. I had to uninstall Hootesuite because I wasn't comfortable so continuing with SS. The only advantage with Hootesuite, it has all Twitter, FB, Linkedin etc in one itself while ss doesn't have linkedin.
    03-18-11 06:09 AM
    I've been using SocialScope since Ubertwitter went down and I much prefer it over any other other Twitter / Facebook clients, including HootSuite. Hootsuite never wanted to refresh and it was pretty laggy for me so I eventually deleted it.
    "Mute" on SS is a great feature, like Xopher said. The only issue I have with SS is how even if I'm logged out, it'll automatically start up and log back in after a battery pull.
    03-18-11 06:31 AM
    It's not even close, SocialScope FTW!
    03-18-11 12:45 PM
    Yeah, I get the impression SS is better. I deleted HootSuite after using it for a couple hours. But now that Facebook 2.0 is out, I might not even need Social Scope. I don't really use Twitter, so there might not even been an incentive to use Social Scope.
    03-18-11 12:49 PM
    Yeah, I get the impression SS is better. I deleted HootSuite after using it for a couple hours. But now that Facebook 2.0 is out, I might not even need Social Scope. I don't really use Twitter, so there might not even been an incentive to use Social Scope.
    If you don't use Twitter, or Foursquare, or another additional social app, that works with SS, then you are probably right, you might be better off with JUST the FB client.
    03-18-11 01:38 PM
    I too had installed both some time back. I had to uninstall Hootesuite because I wasn't comfortable so continuing with SS. The only advantage with Hootesuite, it has all Twitter, FB, Linkedin etc in one itself while ss doesn't have linkedin.
    If SS had LinkedIn I'd be a happy man. I'm still oine of the 6 people in the universe not using Facebook, so for me it's just a Twitter client.
    I sent feedback to SS regarding LinkedIn, but no reply ever. (They must get a ton of requests for integrating a ton of different services, so don't really blame them for not replying to me.)

@prithvi64: Can you explain what you meant by not being "comfortable"?

@anybody: Is Hootsuite free? I haven't looked it up yet� Avail where: App World, MH, own site only�?
    03-18-11 01:41 PM
    The only issue I have with SS is how even if I'm logged out, it'll automatically start up and log back in after a battery pull.
    Ditto, I found this annoying. I also noticed after a reboot that it might change my username settings or switch my updates from hourly to Auto.
    03-18-11 01:49 PM
    Ditto, I found this annoying. I also noticed after a reboot that it might change my username settings or switch my updates from hourly to Auto.
    http://static.hootsuite.com/hootsuite_for_blackberry/beta-6-20/6-0/HootSuite60.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-18-11 02:03 PM
    http://static.hootsuite.com/hootsuite_for_blackberry/beta-6-20/6-0/HootSuite60.jad
    Cool, thanks zocster. I'll save this in my Memopad list of OTA's and give it a shot sometime.

So another perpetual beta program, just like SS?
    03-18-11 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD