Hey, I finally got hooked up last night and got a copy of SocialScope lite. I must admit, its a pretty SICK app! You have the ability to do so much with your Twitter & Facebook accounts. Did anybody else get a chance to download it yet??

Derrick Lee (DVLJR) on Twitter
    05-01-09 08:47 PM
    I would like to try out for this app, but you have to be a member first though.
    05-02-09 12:16 AM
    Wanna upload it for us??
    05-02-09 12:20 AM
    Wanna upload it for us??
    +1... Great idea... Share the wealth Derrick!
    05-02-09 12:23 AM
    I got this application yesterday and I LOVE IT. Its a amazing twitter/facebook application.

My Twitter: Luis Torres (DisneyLuis) on Twitter

-Luis
    05-02-09 12:35 AM
    They had a open invite for almost 24 hours but they removed the link. Even if somebody uploads it, you will not be able to run the app. You have to be added into SS data base before it will run.
    05-02-09 01:49 AM
    what is socialscope lite?
    05-02-09 12:49 PM
    yea i would like to know.... i dont use twitter and the facebook app i have does enough....

what else does it do?
    05-02-09 12:50 PM
    ubertwitter > SS
    05-02-09 01:06 PM
    easilly the dumbest product rollout I have ever seen.

Spend months pissing everyone off (brilliant).

release it or stfu
    05-02-09 01:21 PM
    ubertwitter > SS
    I will disagree with that. UberTwitter is a very nice Twitter app and I am really looking forward to see they're next beta release, but the latest update to SS is pretty damn slick.
    05-02-09 01:23 PM
    Just upgraded to the newest beta. Best ap easily.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 02:33 PM
    Yeah, I got in on the 24 hr open enrollment. For me, it is a LOT more functional than UberTwitter. I don't use the FB portion in SS, so don't know about that part.
    05-02-09 06:55 PM
    Damn it, I had a chance and I missed it because I forgot what SS was. Anyone know any release dates or if they are opening it up again?
    05-02-09 07:03 PM
    easilly the dumbest product rollout I have ever seen.

Spend months pissing everyone off (brilliant).

release it or stfu
    QFT

Why release it privately? it just makes everyone want to see what it is, its one thing if your charging for it, but cmon already
    05-02-09 10:15 PM
    QFT

Why release it privately? it just makes everyone want to see what it is, its one thing if your charging for it, but cmon already

You know how everyone here is pissy at verizon and RIM for rolling out the storm with .65 and sticking with .75 for so long? yea there's your reason.
    05-02-09 11:45 PM
    You know how everyone here is pissy at verizon and RIM for rolling out the storm with .65 and sticking with .75 for so long? yea there's your reason.
    He's releasing it out to others just little by little... Why just not a mass release if its a free app? Great marketing skills but if there's no profit there's no point

05-03-09 08:51 PM
    He's releasing it out to others just little by little... Why just not a mass release if its a free app? Great marketing skills but if there's no profit there's no point

The problem with a mass release for this is because social scope goes through their own servers, you actually need to sign up for a social scope account. I think they're getting better with their servers though because with every beta release they give the loading gets a little quicker. If you follow them on twitter they're pretty good at answering questions. I'd bet they'd go for a mass release soon. I got lucky and got into the beta for the lite version. It really is worth it and nice, but ubertwitter is just as good too if you don't need to integrate with facebook. I really think ubertwitter's beta 2 will be awesome for all your twitter needs and you wont miss out on social scope.
    05-03-09 09:02 PM

I'm not involved with SocialScope from any perspective except as a lucky one who got has beta access, so my opinions on why they have not released publicly are just that - my opinions.

First, since this is called SocialScope 'Lite', my guess is there will be a pay version at some point.

Second, if it's released to the masses with bugs, the developers would be overloaded with questions. Dealing with those questions, most of which would likely be a regurgitation of known issues, will slow development and will delay the next release that would actually fix those bugs and improve overall performance.

Third, as someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, SocialScope uses their own servers to act as a proxy between the device and the Twitter/Facebook servers. My guess is they don't have the scaling yet to deal with a public release.

They're slowly taking on new users. By releasing it in a slow, controlled manner, they're able to keep a better handle on which issues are new and which ones are known. They're able to test the server back end to see how it handles both a sudden influx of new users as well as continued use from the growing user base.
    05-03-09 09:50 PM
    Anyone on the 5.0 OS beta? Does it work on 5.0?
    05-03-09 10:44 PM
    I just hate ubertwitter because it uploads your pictures to Ubertwiters pics site and not twitpic, thats all im looking for

twitterberry will say "uploading to twitpic" forever and not work...
    05-03-09 11:07 PM
    I just hate ubertwitter because it uploads your pictures to Ubertwiters pics site and not twitpic, thats all im looking for

Everyone puts so much weight into the TwitPic integration with Twitter clients, but IMO, the best way to upload pictures to TwitPic is already built into your BB right out of the box.

Just e-mail your pictures to TwitPic. Even though I have SocialScope, 99% of the time, I just e-mail pictures instead of going through the client. Its much faster and easier IMO to send them through e-mail.

You take the picture, attach it to an e-mail, type your "tweet" in the subject line and hit send. Phone goes back in your pocket and all the work is done without you sitting there waiting on it.

When you send a picture through a client, you take the picture. Then you send it to the client, which means you have to wait a couple minutes for the picture to upload and for the URL to be generated. Then, once the upload is finished and the URL is generated, you can finally type your "tweet" and hit update.

Easier, faster, and more reliable.
    05-04-09 07:03 AM
    Been using SS Lite for a few days & it is really good, some minor facebook intergration problems which they seem to have sorted now....just have some odd notification issues, sometimes if bleeps to tell me of new messages sometimes it doesnt, haven't figured out why it bleeps for some & not others. all alerts are on & sounds assigned via profile.

Nice that you can see the message you are replying too, other apps only have a blank reply screen.

Twitterberry is still a great app too, the latest bata has a minor problem where you cant click on the person & reply directly as the previous version did ...well on the Storm you can't
    05-04-09 07:24 AM

Because there are still bugs in it.
    If it's released to the masses, then all the posts on here would be "this app sucks" - sounds like good marketing skills to me.
    05-04-09 08:02 AM

On twitterberry, make sure you have it set to TCP. I will upload pics fine after this.
    05-04-09 08:11 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD