so for months i been hearing about socialscope applied for numerous invites so finally i received one 2 days ago. and i must say WHAT THE **** WAS ALL THE HYPE ABOUT? i waited for this??? maybe i missed it?
    07-30-09 11:06 PM
    I don't know what app you use for Twitter, but you gotta admit it's better than Uber and Twitterberry..
    07-30-09 11:38 PM
    so for months i been hearing about socialscope applied for numerous invites so finally i received one 2 days ago. and i must say WHAT THE **** WAS ALL THE HYPE ABOUT? i waited for this??? maybe i missed it?
    It's got some smoother transitioning features. Definitely over-hyped but I do like it more than Ubertwitter or anything else.
    07-30-09 11:46 PM
    Its faster, uses less memory, more features, and overall more stable than any other twitter app. Not sure what more you could want.
    07-30-09 11:48 PM
    i just uninstalled the facebook part sucks, the twitter part imo is not better than ubertwitter so ill pass on the social, or maybe am not giving it enough time ok 2 more days lol u got 2days to change my mind socialscope!!!!!
    07-30-09 11:50 PM
    I dont use FB so I cant comment on that end. However. I can change your mind in 1 hour.....

Do a battery pull, check your memory and battery, and run Ubertwitter for 30 minutes then recheck your memory and battery. Now do another battery pull and check your battery and memory, run SocialScope for 30 minutes then recheck your memory and battery.

About a 8 meg difference and almsot 10% battery difference. Thats enough to change my mind. Hopefully tweeteev's just as good and actually gets released before RIM leaves the phone business.
    07-30-09 11:56 PM
    UT is way better than social scope. Don't get me wrong SS was the isht a few months back but for pure twitter UT is it. I have a 8900 so really no need to worry about memory.
    07-31-09 12:21 AM
    UT is way better than social scope. Don't get me wrong SS was the isht a few months back but for pure twitter UT is it. I have a 8900 so really no need to worry about memory.
    I haven't got an invite to SS yet (still waiting) but it sounds like I might just be staying with UT anyways. I don't have any memory issues or battery drain that some people are saying. Sounds to me like a lot of over hype.
    07-31-09 02:01 AM
    keep something from the masses and they'll gripe about it, give them a chance to get it and they'll praise it, finally get to use it and they'll find something else to gripe about.

I've never heard anyone complain about the battery or memory usage on socialscope, infact my free memory goes up when it's open.

FYI any apps you have open for extended periods of time are going to drain your battery. imagine that?
    07-31-09 04:33 AM
    Any Twitter client will be a love/hate relationship. Everyone has different tastes. Personally, I like SS very much.
    07-31-09 04:39 AM

I've never heard anyone complain about the battery or memory usage on socialscope, infact my free memory goes up when it's open.
    Exactly. Im not sure how UT runs on the 8900 but I know its a hog on my 8330. SS though runs like nothings running at all. Phone doesnt lag, freeze or anything.

I do like a few features of UT but I havent found any that arent in SS.
    07-31-09 07:24 AM
    I've been using SS for a few days now (just got hte invite). There are some things that are nice about it, but others I hate.

- SS is twice as big in file size (footprint). On my 8830, that means a lot.

- SS starts automatically when I do a battery pull. I lose 2MB of free space as soon as my BB boots. There is no way to stop SS from loading automatically.

- There have been several times when I log out of SS and it is still running in the background. It is hit or miss on whether it will really exit or not. I don't want the app running 24/7.

- I do like SS's way of showing which are new entries. It's interesting to me that the internal viewer will work with Facebook, but not with Twitter images. You would think that clicking on an image in the feed would have the same functionality - maybe it will eventually.

- The more I use SS, the more I like UberTwitter. UT is straight forward. It has the ability to add location info to the tweet. It easily shuts down (exits) and doesn't take up memory immediately after a battery pull.
    07-31-09 09:10 AM
    Confused about the image part. If I click a message with an image in it and click on the image it blows up full screen to view. Is that what your referring to?

I do agree about the autostart and not closing sometimes but its a beta so Im sure it'll get fixed.
    07-31-09 09:40 AM
    I agree about being disappointed by socialscope. I've tried a lot of twitter apps and I like tweetcaster best so far.
    07-31-09 09:43 AM
    I disagree. Socialscope is amazing and was definitely worth the wait. It does everything I need. I uninstalled TG UT TB as soon as I got my invite
    07-31-09 11:26 AM
    i hated twitterberry and i loved ubertwitter.
    i got my invite a week or so ago and with socialscope i find myself checking and updating more.
    it uploads photos faster than UT and runs smoother.
    i think it will look awesome when i get my tour, lol

i definitely does not use as much memory or battery power as UT or TB.

for me. if it gets the job done without any glitches or problems i am a happy camper.

so far it runs the smoothest out of all the twitter clients that i have tried
    07-31-09 11:55 AM
    I've been using SS for a few days now (just got hte invite). There are some things that are nice about it, but others I hate.

- SS is twice as big in file size (footprint). On my 8830, that means a lot.

- SS starts automatically when I do a battery pull. I lose 2MB of free space as soon as my BB boots. There is no way to stop SS from loading automatically.

- There have been several times when I log out of SS and it is still running in the background. It is hit or miss on whether it will really exit or not. I don't want the app running 24/7.

- I do like SS's way of showing which are new entries. It's interesting to me that the internal viewer will work with Facebook, but not with Twitter images. You would think that clicking on an image in the feed would have the same functionality - maybe it will eventually.

- The more I use SS, the more I like UberTwitter. UT is straight forward. It has the ability to add location info to the tweet. It easily shuts down (exits) and doesn't take up memory immediately after a battery pull.
    Could you please tell me how you know it's still running when you close ?
    To me this is very important as I'm going to travel abroad and don't open this kind of app to avoid huge phone bills . I'm on Orange France .
    08-02-09 04:11 PM
    socialscope fits my needs perfectly! no complaints so far.
    08-03-09 09:33 AM
    I agree with eve6er69..I find myself using and viewing Twitter more since I got SS..and the feature for new posts is great..my only gripe (and it's a small one) is I can't increase the font size,so I'm keeping UT for the time being.

Robin
    08-03-09 09:42 AM
    I got my Socialscope invite a few days ago, but turns out I didn't need it because I forgot all about the invite I got when they were being given away, so I gave it to a friend who's been waiting for months.

I love Socialscope more than any other Twitter app for the BB...even more than TweetGenius (which is kinda awesome). It does everything I need it to do. Just one question...I saw a site where a guy had 0.9.5.47 running on his Bold. Any idea when it will be released to everyone signed up? I just redownloaded a few moments ago and its the 0.9.5.44.
    08-04-09 09:51 PM
    I'm with you, I just got my invite last night and am very unimpressed. It is sucking the life out of my battery and the only way I can tell if I have new tweets is to actually open the app, even with the settings to notify me for everything. Pretty worthless in my opinion.
    08-11-09 06:53 AM
    SS seems to be reeking havoc on my battery. With normal use I'm losing about 10% per hour, and that's after I did a battery pull. I do have around 30megs of memory left, so I think it's just using an incredible amount of energy pulling down data during its updates. I never had this issue with UT or the Facebook app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:49 AM
    I too am in the Unimpressed camp with SS. Just got my invite couple days ago, and I gotta say... it doesn't hold a candle to UT. It was all hype.

I am really shocked at how many people are claiming SS has more features than UT (I'm speaking from a Twitter perspective, excluding Facebook altogether). UT has a LOT more features than SS. UT has a much smaller footprint than SS. UT is more direct and to the point. The custom UI of SS might look kinda pretty, but the transitioning seems to make navigation appear sluggish compared to UT, as well the UI tab bar takes up too much screen real-estate.

As far as comments on transfer speeds of videos etc... I haven't seen a difference myself. However if there is one, once SS opens up publicly and increases their server workload, you'll see their performance dip as well.
    08-11-09 01:12 PM
    Hmmm, I was starting to get ruffled that I didn't get an invite on this last round, but it sounds like this app ain't much to write home about. lol
    08-11-09 03:24 PM
    It is worth writing home about! Just having FB and Twitter in one app makes it better than the competitoin. Not to mention it's super fast, uses very little battery and does inline images better than any of the competiton. The keyboard shortcuts are great once you learn them, and with the revamped UI coming soon, it's well worth getting excited over.
    08-11-09 03:28 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD