Has anyone gotten a new invite? I've sent several requests over many months and nothing.. Are they still inviting people?
    02-17-10 12:56 PM
    I haven't received one and I've done the same. It pisses me off bc they are still a private beta for idk what reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 02:58 PM
    The developer, @amitkumar01, is too busy criticizing RIM in order to take care of his own product.

For example, from 2/16: "Hahaha Mike Lazardis on mobile apps "what matters is quality not quantity" So what if you platform doesn't have much quality or quantity?"

The old phrase "people in glass houses should not throw stones" comes to mind here. His own product is horribly handled when it has so much potential under a competent developer, and when I tweeted him that he shouldn't be criticizing, he acted like a baby and blocked me. This after blocking me from socialscope a month ago because he didn't like what I had to say.

He has also accused RIM of stealing his ideas: "Twitter for BlackBerry seems to have borrowed/stolen UI elements from SocialScope...but they got the whole experience wrong"

Gee, if SocialScope is such a great app, why isn't it out of private beta by now, it must be ready after over a year of private testing. Also, why wasn't it featured in Crackberry's own Ultimate Twitter Client Roundup? Crackberry even reviewed Tweetgenius, a pay app, when all other twitter apps are free.

Like I have said before, Socialscope will never be good until another developer takes over. Twitter for Blackberry will be too good by the time socialscope even considers going public, and by then socialscope WILL be a pay app.

The question remains, why pay for an app that you have to go through their servers when most other really great twitter apps are free? Can you really trust someone to handle your info on their servers when he acts like a snobbish a-hole to quite a few people and can block you at any time for no good reason? Think about it, you're out however much you paid for socialscope because you emailed good ol Amit about something that was wrong and he didn't like it. And, he can steal your info. I am fairly certain that he attempted to hijack my account, and Twitter intervened asking me to change my password. This happened very shortly after Amit blocked me from socialscope. I doubt it was a coincidence.

Twitter for Blackberry will probably be out in a few weeks for the public, and its worth waiting for way more than socialscope.
    02-17-10 03:59 PM
    Yep, I was also blocked from my SocialScope by amitkumar after criticism. Even though I have another account, I haven't used the app since. I have gone elsewhere and am happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 04:43 PM
    i was blocked too, for posting everywhere posible that he was not updating people not already on the last versions XD

and he had blocked me from twitter before that :P
    02-17-10 05:39 PM
    The developer, @amitkumar01, is too busy criticizing RIM in order to take care of his own product.

For example, from 2/16: "Hahaha Mike Lazardis on mobile apps "what matters is quality not quantity" So what if you platform doesn't have much quality or quantity?"

The old phrase "people in glass houses should not throw stones" comes to mind here. His own product is horribly handled when it has so much potential under a competent developer, and when I tweeted him that he shouldn't be criticizing, he acted like a baby and blocked me. This after blocking me from socialscope a month ago because he didn't like what I had to say.

He has also accused RIM of stealing his ideas: "Twitter for BlackBerry seems to have borrowed/stolen UI elements from SocialScope...but they got the whole experience wrong"

Gee, if SocialScope is such a great app, why isn't it out of private beta by now, it must be ready after over a year of private testing. Also, why wasn't it featured in Crackberry's own Ultimate Twitter Client Roundup? Crackberry even reviewed Tweetgenius, a pay app, when all other twitter apps are free.

Like I have said before, Socialscope will never be good until another developer takes over. Twitter for Blackberry will be too good by the time socialscope even considers going public, and by then socialscope WILL be a pay app.

The question remains, why pay for an app that you have to go through their servers when most other really great twitter apps are free? Can you really trust someone to handle your info on their servers when he acts like a snobbish a-hole to quite a few people and can block you at any time for no good reason? Think about it, you're out however much you paid for socialscope because you emailed good ol Amit about something that was wrong and he didn't like it. And, he can steal your info. I am fairly certain that he attempted to hijack my account, and Twitter intervened asking me to change my password. This happened very shortly after Amit blocked me from socialscope. I doubt it was a coincidence.

Twitter for Blackberry will probably be out in a few weeks for the public, and its worth waiting for way more than socialscope.
    Great points you made here. But if anyone gets an invite and does not want it, Id like to give it a try
    02-17-10 07:00 PM
    SS is in a lifetime beta stage, I lost interest since UT started rolling out nice free upgrades and the rim twitter app looks promising, if they can hurry up and catch up.
    02-17-10 07:41 PM

i agree on this. You cant criticize other products when your's only lets in a small handful and doesn't get out of beta anytime soon. If you search socialscope on twitter, you will see so many negative comments. But you never see them comment or even update on how progress is going.

i think a occasionally progress update would make people more satisfied that somethign is going to happen.
    02-17-10 08:28 PM
    And they need to REMOVE the email you get when signing up. That you will have to wait a "few" weeks. My wife has waited 2 months and i know plenty that have waited much longer. If you dont have space or arent giving out more invites, just say so.
    02-17-10 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD