I'm just very curious to know since I've never gotten that low even if I tried.

Does it slow to a crawl? Does it reboot itself or does it go crazy?

I've reached 5MB on my Tour at my worst and its still just as fast as when you first start it up with 65MB.doesn't seem like a decrease in apps memory slows it down.

So in theory I'm assuming the app memory is just an app counter to see how much we can fit in and not an indication of how slow it gets right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 03:08 PM
    I have seen mine drop below 1 Mb with no obvious impact.

In previous generations of the OS, there was a low memory subroutine that would clear what it considered less critical data... SMS Text and the Call Logs.

Current OS builds don't do that any more.
    08-06-10 03:22 PM
    I have a question about memory. Aside from the media card memory is the application memory the memory on the whole device, or is there other memory besides the application memory? I was wondering about this. My app memory reads 96.5MB, so I'm assuming I have a crap load of memory left. Sorry I'm not hip when it comes to memory and all that.
    08-06-10 04:16 PM
    yes the app mem is the entire amount you have left after the os and apps installed so 96.5 is great
    08-06-10 06:01 PM
    yes the app mem is the entire amount you have left after the os and apps installed so 96.5 is great
    Thanks, I figured it was. I haven't downloaded much, just several apps and a theme. What I don't understand is for the media card, why does it say the same amounts for total space and free space? That doesn't make any sense to me since I do have pictures on it.
    08-06-10 06:31 PM
    it just so happens you have so much stuff on your card that it is taking half of the card amount, the more stuff you add the less free space you have left
    08-06-10 07:08 PM
    Thanks, I figured it was. I haven't downloaded much, just several apps and a theme. What I don't understand is for the media card, why does it say the same amounts for total space and free space? That doesn't make any sense to me since I do have pictures on it.
    Compared to the Gb your media card contains, a few Kb of pics are bairly going to move the counter.

08-06-10 08:39 PM
    To put numbers on Reed's example: my 1.8 GB card shows 1.3 GB free. The free space is reported to one decimal place, 0.1 GB. That's 100 MB. Assuming it rounds up and down, I'd have to add or delete 50 MB worth of pictures to change the free space reading by the minimum detectable amount. That's 100 0.5 MB pics.
    08-06-10 08:46 PM
    Hmm ok well I have a 2GB card and I suppose that's why it confuses me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD