Looks like Pandora is only available in the US, Australia and New Zealand. And this is supposed to be a must have app? Maybe for the app-centric US.

Not sure the reason its no longer available outside those countries but there always a lot of options for music streaming.

Grooveshark.com is an awesome alternative and as far as I know is a good example of HTML5 capabilities. I've been using it in my iOS broswer and it works aweome. I'm really liking the app like function with cross-cut menus a lot sites have been adopting. Kinda looks similar to BB10.
    02-22-13 12:12 PM
    Pandora is in my opinion the best music streaming service. Yes it hurts that Canadians can't get Pandora easily but you can blame Canadian music distributors greed.

There are workarounds to getting Pandora in Canada as i have it on my Z10 (sideloaded), PS3 and computer. If your a customer of Unblock-Us - smarter faster VPN you can change the DNS setting in your phone and you can stream any american content not allowed into Canada. The service also works for getting American Netflix content in Canada ( although not on the Z10.....yet?!)

Hey Canada, don’t blame Pandora says company CEO
    02-22-13 12:28 PM
    Slacker is a great alternative to Pandora
    phone http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/901/
    playbook http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...countrycode=US

In fact, I even got the paid subscription, so I can cache content on my device and do not have to be concerned by signal and data plan. ( too bad tha caching is not available on playbook .. oh well .. I have a lot of memory on my 9850 )
    Last edited by Briard; 02-22-13 at 02:25 PM.
    02-22-13 01:30 PM
    Slacker has ten times the music Pandora has. Personally, I'm a fan.
    02-22-13 01:34 PM
    Can someone make a Groveshark launcher for their html5 site, please.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780
    02-22-13 01:39 PM
    Can someone make a Groveshark launcher for their html5 site, please.
    Why would you need a launcher ? Just add a bookmark to your home screen.
    see Add a shortcut to your Home screen or Favorites view - User Guide - BlackBerry Bold 9780 Smartphone - 6.0
    02-22-13 02:11 PM
    I forgot about slacker. Great playbook app. Lots of options. Don't see pandora as a 'must have' at all. Would be nice for some I'm sure but for me I wouldn't base a phone purchase on any of them.
    02-22-13 02:19 PM
    Looks like Pandora is only available in the US, Australia and New Zealand. And this is supposed to be a must have app? Maybe for the app-centric US.

Not sure the reason its no longer available outside those countries but there always a lot of options for music streaming.
    It has to do with the contract they have with the recording companies. Don't take it too personally, US copyright laws and contracts regarding payment of royalties aren't enforceable in every jurisdiction.
    02-22-13 06:23 PM
    It has to do with the contract they have with the recording companies. Don't take it too personally, US copyright laws and contracts regarding payment of royalties aren't enforceable in every jurisdiction.
    Frankly, no, it has to do with what agreements the app maker is prepared to pursue. I'm ticked that neither Pandora nor Spotify seem to care about Canada.

Used to love the legit version of Napster when it was operational, but now it's been bought by Real, who never did get around to seeking agreements to offer Rhapsody in Canada and now they've turned Napster down entirely.

Microsoft licenses Xbox Music in Canada, Slacker operates in Canada. Even BBM Music operates in Canada. So explain to me why these other companies can't be bothered seeking agreements so they can too?
    02-22-13 06:29 PM
    Google 'Pandora Canada'. The first hit from pandora's blog (from 2007) says something about it being illegal to stream music outside the US under their current license structure. The third hit, some email leaked from Pandora's ceo talks about it being 'uneconomic' because Canadian music rights societies have rates that too high. If you read the entire thing they talk about 45% of gross revenues as payment. Looks like there's your answer.
    02-22-13 07:11 PM
    Get Slacker. It's awesome and worth paying for.
    02-24-13 03:33 PM