And use the Device transfer wizard? Or should I use BBSAK and backup 3rd party apps and go that route?
    06-03-10 10:12 AM
    Never tried to use BBSAK for this. However, I went from the Curve to the Tour and the Tour to the Bold using the BB Desktop Manager and the Switch Devices option. It's pretty simple. Just click on the tab and follow the prompts. It asks for your present device (to make a backup) and then your new device to install everything. And I mean everything from the same theme to all your apps to the bookmarks on your internet explorer to all your settings. First time it blew my mind away. You will need to get new activation codes fror some of your third party apps to matc your new units pin number, but aside from that it's a snap!
    06-03-10 05:19 PM
    ok cool. I was hoping the pins would get swapped but.... that's fine
    06-04-10 08:54 AM
    if you do the device transfer wiward it'll transfer everything over to the new phone. the only thing your would have to do is to log on to your email settings and hit yes that your switched devices
    06-04-10 08:58 AM
    Where do you find the device transfer wizard on a Mac, I looked but can't locate it?
    06-04-10 09:01 AM
    its an icon on the main page of teh desktop manager - at least in winblows. i don't know about a MAC
    06-04-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD