I have Patternlock installed and it would be nice to have the weather show up on the lock screen. Is it worth $10 though?
    12-02-10 02:05 PM
    To me, abso friggn lutely not. I have quite a few issues with that app, the least of
    which is it will not shutdown completely the way it used to. It is a resource hog
    and honestly, it's weather. There are many much less expensive and viable options.
    12-02-10 02:11 PM
    Ireally wanted it but no. Iended up getting weatherbug

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 02:13 PM
    In my opinion it is, it is THE best weather app, it has the most options, and the info is accurate and the UI is pleasing and intuitive.
    I have BerryWeather and I have to say yes it is. I love having the weather right on the homescreen and not just the little icon you get with other apps. Plus if you are a theme user, a lot of themes are designed with BerryWeather in mind.
    It goes on sale for half price quite frequently on Crackberry App store.

I definitely think it's worth it.

Good Luck
    12-02-10 02:14 PM
    I have BE and LOVE it and can't live without it personally. I got mine when it was half off as it happens all the time. No issues, no lag, no resource hog on my phone.
    12-02-10 02:18 PM
    Weatherbug or WeatherEye are the next best options.
    12-02-10 02:18 PM
    I have to agree with pkcable, so far the best I've had. I've tired others but nothing compared to BW. It is a bit pricely which is the only downside; just keep your eyes out for the sale.
    12-02-10 02:19 PM
    I have to completely disagree with amazinglygraceless.

I don't see how it's a resource hog at all. I have a Storm 1 so app memory is a big deal to me. I have BerryWeather installed along with many other apps with no issues at all.

One other nice thing is their weather alerts are very good. Living in the midwest it's important I get timely advisery updates and berryWeather does this very well.
    Last edited by valorian; 12-02-10 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typos
    12-02-10 02:19 PM
    I have it .. and LOVE it..

I use it as my WALLPAPER on my TORCH..

keeps updating and can prepare for the day
    12-02-10 02:21 PM
    It goes on sale for half price quite frequently on Crackberry App store.

I definitely think it's worth it.

Good Luck
    +1

I think it's probably worth the 10 bucks, I'm still finding options and cool things with it after months of use. I think it's a steal for 5 bucks when it's on sale though, wait for that OP.

I really love a lot of BellShare's apps, I'm waiting for BerryReader to go on sale to buy that...

12-02-10 02:29 PM
    its been priceless to me this week during the bad weather we've had in the UK
    12-02-10 02:31 PM
    Its worth it if the app is on sale. I have been using it for a while now and it is quite possibly the best weather app. It has all the info you need and the UI is stunning.
    12-02-10 02:34 PM
    Definitely worth it, IMO.
    12-02-10 02:37 PM
    Would absolutely buy it again. BW has worked flawlessly for me and it looks great too. I'm a cyclist and need to know what the weather's going to do before I head out. Very accurate for me.

12-02-10 02:40 PM
    +1
    I really love a lot of BellShare's apps, I'm waiting for BerryReader to go on sale to buy that...
    I got tired of waiting for that and couldn't win one when they first came out so i bought it lol. well worth that 10 bux since I live by my google reader and they fixed all the issues were were having, one biggy for me was the way it didnt render pictures right and that's all fixed now.
    12-02-10 02:44 PM
    Thanks everyone! I bought it and so far it looks and works great. I need something here with the winter approaching in upstate, NY!
    12-02-10 03:08 PM
    Thanks everyone! I bought it and so far it looks and works great. I need something here with the winter approaching in upstate, NY!
    I think you will be very happy with your purchase. You should check out this thread for some cool icons you can load into BW.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/ber...-icons-539999/
    12-02-10 03:15 PM
    Well, I honestly don't think it's worth it. I have a torch, using VinceThePrince's HTC theme. (Which, if it's your first app, will show the weather on the homescreen) I am using WeatherEye, it's free, and I think it works very well.
    12-02-10 03:26 PM
    Well, I honestly don't think it's worth it. I have a torch, using VinceThePrince's HTC theme. (Which, if it's your first app, will show the weather on the homescreen) I am using WeatherEye, it's free, and I think it works very well.
    WeatherEye is good option too, and the price is right. HOWEVER I'm a BerryWeather user, of course I got mine for free.
    12-02-10 03:51 PM
    Is it worth $10? Eh probably, unless you're poor like me.
    Is it worth $5 when it goes on sale in mobihand just about every month? Definitely.
    Is it worth winning it in a contest? Best win I every won
    12-02-10 10:59 PM
    Is it worth ten dollars? NO. It is worth much, much more! I use BerryWeather and the free Weatherbug to complement each other and have better information than the local weather experts are able to provide.

12-03-10 05:50 AM
    I have no problems with BerryWeather ever since the first day I installed it. It's runs well and does it's job, and is has decent looking UI.

Is it worth $10? In my opinion. no. $5 yes, every single cent of it.
    12-03-10 06:54 AM
    If you need the weather (which I do as a commuter) than it is definitely worth it. The push alerts are great and I love being able to set up custom maps!
    12-03-10 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD