I just got my bb tour today and im looking for an app that i believe i saw a couple days ago, but i cant find it anywhere. is there an app that will give a pop up when sms is received and then allow you to click it and go to the message? im pretty sure i saw this app, but im not sure where i saw it.
    12-26-09 09:26 PM
    nvm. i found it. sms popup. unless anyone has one that is better...
    12-26-09 09:42 PM
    I use Empower SMS Popup (SMS Alert Popup for Blackberry). And works great.
    12-26-09 09:43 PM
    Is this what you are looking for?

http://crackberry.com/message-peek-blackberry
    12-26-09 09:43 PM
    You can check out berrypopup. I think it works a little better IMO..I have both but I use berrypopup. And if you use berryweather it works with that for weather alerts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by trucksmoveamerica; 12-27-09 at 07:41 AM.
    12-26-09 10:23 PM
    fyi..Although you will get a popup..I believe the RIM api doesn't allow you to go to the sms message if you keep it separate from the message folder.
    12-26-09 10:55 PM
    Empower SMS pop-up and Empower threaded SMS work great together!

Best combo out there, and are on sale right now.

Empower HTML Email Viewer, Blackberry Threaded SMS and more
    12-27-09 01:00 AM
    Was thinking, they both have free trials, so try both of them out, one at a time of course, and go with the one that you like. Both of them work pretty good.

One thing that sucks with both of them is when you get a popup sms while surfing the web, you can hit the clear button and the popup goes away, but it will still show as a new message in your main sms folder, so you have to go in and open that up also to clear the new message notification icon. It is RIM that has it set up this way, there is nothing the developers can do about it unless RIM changes it.
    12-27-09 07:48 AM
    I have been using Berrypopup and have had no issues.
    01-05-10 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD