Ok,

I am a new 8330 owner and i hate the text messenging default app.

What i would like is a new sms/mms app where i can view inbox, outbox(i.e. sent), draft, etc. messages like you would find on any normal cellular phone.

Is there anything out there like that preferably free?

I personally don't like how my text messages from one person are stored in each and every text message i receive. Can that be "turned off"?

Also, can someone please educate me on the difference between a SMS text message and a MMS text message?

Thanks,
    -MJ
    10-04-09 11:26 PM
    SMS is a text message. MMS is a multimedia message (pic, vid, audio).
    10-04-09 11:34 PM
    I use Empower's SMSViewer app for threaded texting...love it. Found on Crackberry.com for a few dollars. They do have a trial version you can try out to see if you like it; expires after a few days.
    10-05-09 10:01 AM
    You can upgrade to 5.0 and get threaded sms...
    10-05-09 10:03 AM
    On 5.0, or a 3rd party app, is there an easier way to add multiple recipients?

I am part of a Borg Collective and sending text messages throughout the collective on a consistent basis is a must.

-MJ
    10-05-09 11:25 AM

I am part of a Borg Collective and sending text messages throughout the collective on a consistent basis is a must.

-MJ
    Hmm, not sure what that is but you can set up a group in your Address Book (a distro) and use it to send out SMS.
    10-05-09 01:46 PM
    I think I saw somewhere tht you could sms a group but don't see it on my phone. I believe you can add up to ten in the to field just by selecting a contact and hit enter and so on….
    10-05-09 02:49 PM
    Head for the hills, it's a Trekie!

Add a new group to your address book and put everyone in your "collective" in the group. Then you can SMS the group.
    10-05-09 03:15 PM
    Hmm, not sure what that is but you can set up a group in your Address Book (a distro) and use it to send out SMS.

yes this would be the best bet for you. create a group for your borg collective in your contacts and just sms the group whenever you need to hit a couple of them.
    10-05-09 04:06 PM
    While in the messages folder, you can ALT O for ALL outgoing (texts emails, calls) alt I for INCOMING, alt P for phone log...

you can view the same in the sms folder too
    Last edited by rachel0179; 10-05-09 at 04:26 PM.
    10-05-09 04:24 PM

-MJ
    What's happening, folks?

I just got hooked on the Crack. So bare with me...

I understand how to create a group, add members, and SMS/MMS the group as a whole; that's not a problem. Where the problem lies for me is I don't have a cyborg collective to spam on a regular basis (no offense). I just like to sometimes hit more than one person with the same message. I hate having to add recipients one-by-one, which I now have to do on my new phone.

My previous phone had a function where you would select multiple recipients from your phonebook via a checkbox. I'd select up to 25 recipients, draft the message, and 25 SMSs would be sent. Is there any way possible for me to do that with this "device" (as everyone seems to call it)?? My wife and I are having a post-Christmas/Happy Kwanzaa bowling night, and I need to forward the deets. Help me, please!

- jayTrizzle
    12-25-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD