The Free version does not include backup and restore, it's only valid for 30 days.

Services for your Blackberry Phones, Blackberry Services

Personally I don't rely on the back up and restore.
    Last edited by Lefty923; 03-07-10 at 11:57 AM.
    03-07-10 11:55 AM
    has anyone tried the remote lock? Thats the only feature that isn't working for me.
    03-10-10 02:49 PM
    Just installed and it works great with my gmail email account. At first, unknowingly, I had set it up with a personal email account. When I tried to test ping from my laptop, I received a pop up message telling me I couldn't because I needed a blackberry email. So then I hooked it up with gmail, and it allowed me to go forward, so apparently it accepts that.

Will this only wipe data in the device, or will it also wipe the media card?
    03-10-10 08:36 PM
    Does anyone know if this app will have a negative effect on my battery since it is running all the time?
    03-18-10 10:17 AM
    I haven't seen any negative effects on battery or memory on my 9700.
    03-18-10 12:46 PM
    thank you!
    03-18-10 01:50 PM
    Can anyone explain in detail how to set up a BB Email account? I tried doing it online and it said "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service". What exactly does that mean and how do I do it?

I also tried to create a username from email settings and it says it will be a permanent change and I will be required to log in each time. Does that mean in order to check my e-mail, I will have to log in to do it?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by Super Turtleman; 03-18-10 at 02:38 PM.
    03-18-10 02:15 PM
    Can anyone explain in detail how to set up a BB Email account? I tried doing it online and it said "Your account is not accessible via HTML browser. Please use your device to access BlackBerry Internet Service". What exactly does that mean and how do I do it?

I also tried to create a username from email settings and it says it will be a permanent change and I will be required to log in each time. Does that mean in order to check my e-mail, I will have to log in to do it?

Any help would be much appreciated.
    All I had to do was go to sprint.blackberry.com and log in to my blackberry account (on pc). I then clicked on the button on the page that says something about setting up a blackberry e-mail account on the main page. It was pretty easy....
    03-18-10 04:13 PM
    I got it thru my phone setup. Thanks.
    03-18-10 09:44 PM
    I was wondering how is Smrtguard on battery life?
    03-18-10 10:08 PM
    I was wondering how is Smrtguard on battery life?
    I don't think it was much worse than any other app.

I dumped it in favor of Buddy Guard. I like the tracking on SG better but I can't get the lock to work. I sent them an email on Monday about it and haven't heard back
    03-19-10 08:22 AM
    Why can't I find a download link. My link seems to take me in circles and don't see an actual file to download???? Might just be me.

thanks.

edited to add: using the faq on the BB, I found a link but when I click on the icon on my Tour, nothing happens.
    Last edited by F2; 03-21-10 at 03:14 PM.
    03-21-10 03:04 PM
    03-21-10 03:06 PM
    On the website after first logging in it generally shows my correct location in Calgary,AB but shortly after will show me in Baltimore,MD
    Anyone else have this issue?
    03-21-10 04:04 PM
    Their link just went in circles. I needed the smrtguard.com/m link.

Now another question not covered in their manual or I'm continuing to be dense!

Can you actually stop it from running on the BB - using CLOSE just puts it in the background. Yes, obviously, if it is really terminated it cannot provide any location/ping/etc features - fine. I would like to EXIT it completely. Or is a complete UNinstall necessary?

Thanks.
    03-21-10 04:08 PM
    Well I just logged into my account and now it doesn't even show my true current position first, it just shows me in Baltimore,MD
    I think it is time to ditch the app unless I can get it to work properly
    03-21-10 04:08 PM
    Well I just logged into my account and now it doesn't even show my true current position first, it just shows me in Baltimore,MD
    I think it is time to ditch the app unless I can get it to work properly
    Does GPS work on your device with like BlackBerry Maps? I know someone who had the same thing, it just stayed in Baltimore and the only way they managed to get it fixed was a new SIM card. For some reason the GPS wouldn't work with the old one.
    03-26-10 03:33 PM
    Ive signed up for the free version, and Im recieving wireless backup... I thought only the pro version had this... Any thoughts?
    03-26-10 03:50 PM
    Ive signed up for the free version, and Im recieving wireless backup... I thought only the pro version had this... Any thoughts?
    You get a 30 day trial to the pro version when you install the free version
    03-26-10 04:47 PM
    I love SG..works terrific for me. Whenever I've checked, it always shows me within about 30 feet of where I'm actually at (to the point where, when I've checked in my house, which sits on a corner, it will show me on the cross street when I'm in my home office on one side of my house and the other street when I've moved over to my living room), it works great.
    03-26-10 04:51 PM
    You get a 30 day trial to the pro version when you install the free version
    ohh thanks! that makes sense now...
    03-26-10 04:54 PM
    Actually, when I first got this program (Paid version), I was concerned about disabling a convenience key as well. But, I discovered it does not do that. Since you have to HOLD the key down for X seconds (six or seven, I think), the key works normally when you just otherwise click it.

I do wish there was a way to test this portion of the software, but I don't think the police would appreciate a 911 message that says "hey, no worries, I'm only testing" LOL.
    03-26-10 04:56 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD