I recently installed SmrtGuard, it's a really nice app. But for the past 2 days I've noticed by the end of the day I would be down to 15% battery life. Today I uninstalled it and battery life is back to normal.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?
    02-10-10 08:29 PM
    I'm still trying to figure this out as well. It does seem that I do have less life when it is installed, but it does get me through the day.
    02-10-10 08:30 PM
    I installed it the day i bought my new BB, and My battery is dead at the end of the day. I also run beejive all day too, so i am sure the combination of the 2 doesnt help the battery issue.

I don't know if i am gonna keep it, as I don't have anything to sensitive on it.
    02-10-10 08:31 PM
    I am also running it with BeeJive too. With the two running together, I would go from 100% battery to 85% within an hour (that's after a reboot).
    02-10-10 08:36 PM
    I have recently also downloaded SmrtGuard and noticed my battery is draining quickly through out the day. Used too, I could make it through the day and into the evening but now I can not make it much past lunch. I have not uninstalled it yet, but I am about ready too.
    02-10-10 08:39 PM
    I will normally have 15 - 30% at the end of the day running both apps. I was running os 5.0.0.296 as well if that makes a difference.

I just upgraded to 5.0.0.405 ten minutes ago. we will see if a newer os makes any difference.
    02-10-10 08:43 PM
    I will normally have 15 - 30% at the end of the day running both apps. I was running os 5.0.0.296 as well if that makes a difference.

I just upgraded to 5.0.0.405 ten minutes ago. we will see if a newer os makes any difference.
    Last night I dropped all the way down to 5% life and I am on 5.0.0.442.
    02-10-10 08:45 PM
    do you have any other apps running in the background besides smrt and beejive? besides the standard ones that is.
    02-10-10 08:51 PM
    its running just fine on mine. I notice no battery drain at all.
    02-10-10 08:52 PM
    Before installing both BeeJive and SmrtGuard, I always had Slacker running in the background, but my phone would be able to live 3 days with Slacker running in the background.

Now that I installed BeeJive and SmrtGuard, my battery life has gone from 3 days to less than 12 hours.

Also take note that I did a battery pull and ran SmrtGuard and BeeJive together, and battery life still was draining. So not that many apps were running.

Since I uninstalled SG, my battery life has not shown any signs of spontaneous drainage. I still have BeeJive running in the background as well.
    02-10-10 09:01 PM
    I thought it was only me and also had battery drain issues with smartgaurd. I uninstalled it due to this problem.
    02-10-10 09:04 PM
    So did you just uninstall it then? I am lost as how you would see that quick of a result about your battery.
    02-10-10 09:06 PM
    So did you just uninstall it then? I am lost as how you would see that quick of a result about your battery.
    My battery went from about 75% to almost nothing in a matter of hours, this is totally unheard of and this is after installing SM. Since I've took it off no batter problems what so ever.
    02-10-10 09:17 PM
    I just took it off. I will see how my phone does tom. and report back.
    02-10-10 09:23 PM
    I have Smartguard running in the background, along with Smart Monitor, Smart Alerts, and BeWeather and I use my phone constantly throughout the day with BBM, texts, e-mail and phone calls. I still have 30% left at the end of the day running on the 3G network. I kept dropping calls on 3G so I switched it over to 2G (EDGE) and by the end of the day I have 65-75% left of battery. I do, however, have the subscription based SmartGuard as I bought it before they released the free version. Not sure what is causing your battery drain. However, I don't have BeeJive or Pandora installed.
    02-10-10 09:25 PM
    I uninstalled it today about 7 hours ago, my battery seems to be fine now. So in conclusion, SmrtGuard is a huge battery drainer at least from my experiences.
    02-10-10 09:31 PM
    I'm glad you included the phrase "in my experience" at the end of your post. While I fully realize that not every app works the same for every person, unfortunately, many make posts that tend to globalize or stereotype the situation.

Personally, I've had zero problems with battery drain. My battery consistently maintains an average of between 1.7% and 2.0%/hr. drain. I sure as heck wonder though, why it drained yours so fast!

I uninstalled it today about 7 hours ago, my battery seems to be fine now. So in conclusion, SmrtGuard is a huge battery drainer at least from my experiences.
    02-10-10 09:34 PM
    I really think smrtguard is also killing my battery. Since it is ALWAYS running and there is no way to shut it it off, I think I will have to uninstall it

It would be nice if you could remotely start the app when you need to track, destruct, ping, etc.
    02-10-10 09:37 PM
    I'm glad you included the phrase "in my experience" at the end of your post. While I fully realize that not every app works the same for every person, unfortunately, many make posts that tend to globalize or stereotype the situation.

Personally, I've had zero problems with battery drain. My battery consistently maintains an average of between 1.7% and 2.0%/hr. drain. I sure as heck wonder though, why it drained yours so fast!
    Yeah, usually when I read posts and read when there is a conclusion, I also read what other users have to say before making a final conclusion for myself.

It was surprising to me though, because I would constantly use my phone all day (SMS, BeeJive, Slacker running in the BG, and browsing the web) on 3G, and my phone would be able to last 3 days without charge, and that is no exaggeration either.
    02-10-10 09:42 PM
    Mine is memory leak i go from 120mb free to 50mb free..i have to pull my battery every day to stay at 120..but i don't notice any battery drain..been running it for about 2 days.
    02-10-10 09:59 PM
    No memory leak or noticeable battery drain here, using the stock TMO .330 OS...
    02-10-10 10:05 PM
    i haven't noticed any difference on my battery with smartguard
    02-10-10 10:09 PM
    i have wifi on all day, bluetooth on, smartguard on with follow me feature turned on, on .442 .. my phone comes off the charger at 7am.. gets back on the charger at around midnight..

and i am at 30% battery..
    02-11-10 09:19 AM
    I took off SmartGaurd, didn't really like my battery being drained in a day. I charge my phone every other day unless I use Pandora. But I didn't see the reason to keep the app.
    02-11-10 09:38 AM
    Noted significant battery drain. Before smrtguard: 20% drain per day. After smartguard installed: 50% drain per day. No other software changes or usage changes. ATT .405

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 09:50 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD