Hi,
    I had SLINGBOX vers. 1.0.0.13 working perfectly on my Torch since last November using the "landscape mode" trick. It was so good, in fact, I bought the software after the 30 day trial. It was still working great in January and into Feb., the last time I logged on. It has suddenly stopped working- It logs on to my account, but times out when trying to load favorites and start up. The slingbox app works great on my desktop, so it is configured properly there. I changed nothing in the meantime on my Torch, except to try to uninstall/ reinstall the app. Still nothing, Wi-Fi or 3G. ANyone have any ideas? It is baffling me to no end; it's a cool app when it works. In fact, that is what I bought the hardware for exclusively- to use it on my BB!
    Thanks for any input!
    04-01-11 04:27 PM
    I'm in the same boat, it hangs up on optimizing for me. I got it to work the 1st time I tried, then it never worked again. It is making a connection to the slingbox, ie it goes red. And I can watch it on my laptop when out of the house and on my desktop thru the browser. I dunno, I'm praying there will be a playbook app or capable of watching it thru the browser, as it would be a adequate solution for me atleast.
    04-08-11 05:19 PM
    i have the saME PROBLEM.HAD SLINGMOBILE WORKING ON MY TORCH FOR MONTHS.THEN SUDDENLY STOPPED.I"M RECEIVING A MESSAGE SAYING TO CHECK THE INTERNET CONNECTION ON MY PHONE.BUT IT APPEARS THE BAD GUYS R WINNING.I HEARD A RUMOR THAT ATT AND SLING ARE CONSPIRING TO "THROTTLE" OR SLOW THE DATA STREAM TO MAKE IT WORK.EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN UNLIMITED DATA PLAN ON YOUR PHONE.I'M LOOKING FOR HELP.I MISS SLINGPLAYER ON MY TORCH
    04-15-11 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD