Just wondering if anyone with a storm has hooked up slingbox to it. I'm considering purchasing a slingbox but don't want to if the blackberry app for the storm does not provide a great viewing experience. Thanks.
    05-15-09 09:29 AM
    Just wondering if anyone with a storm has hooked up slingbox to it. I'm considering purchasing a slingbox but don't want to if the blackberry app for the storm does not provide a great viewing experience. Thanks.
    i wish, but verizon blackberries don't support slingbox. the only phones you can use slingbox with on verizon are the windows mobile phones, i used to have it running on my Treo 700wx and it worked beautifully.

anyone have any idea if sling has plans for verizon blackberries? i contacted them and they claim to have no such plans.
    05-15-09 09:33 AM
    That really sucks. My buddy showed me his Bold the other day with the sling player app and it was awesome. He obviously had AT&T so I figured it was a blackberry specific app not carrier specific. If Verizon didn't have flawless service in NYC, I would be out to AT&T in a heartbeat. Unfortunately AT&T sucks in NYC.
    05-15-09 09:52 AM
    Here a link about the sling and Storm.... Supposedly its in beta testing right now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/sl...-storm-117263/
    05-15-09 10:04 AM
    i wish, but verizon blackberries don't support slingbox. the only phones you can use slingbox with on verizon are the windows mobile phones, i used to have it running on my Treo 700wx and it worked beautifully.

anyone have any idea if sling has plans for verizon blackberries? i contacted them and they claim to have no such plans.
    that's actually not true at all. I have a Blackberry Storm and it runs the Bold version of the Slingplayer with limited issues. You can see my thread over at the slingcommunity webiste on how to get the slingplayer to work on non - storm devices -->SPM now works on CDMA phones....with a little work: Sling Community

You can also see BigVDawgy's thread on how to install and run slingplayer on the storm --> SPM BETA on Blackberry Storm: Sling Community

Happy Slinging!
    05-15-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD