what is the app called that looks like apple's slide to unlock and where can i get it?
    06-21-09 12:13 PM
    06-21-09 12:16 PM
    Thanks, i'll look it up
    06-21-09 12:20 PM
    Thanks, i'll look it up
    Cool app but this mess drained my battery ... had to delete it
    06-21-09 04:55 PM
    stormslider uses hardly any battery for me. I would guess since 100s of people use it that it was something else draining the battery or you were not using the latest version
    06-21-09 04:58 PM
    Last I knew there was a discount code on the stormslider thread here in the forums. Dropped the price to a buck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 05:04 PM
    I love this app, def better than the lock app that came with the phone.
    06-21-09 05:14 PM
    Cool app but this mess drained my battery ... had to delete it
    I have never ever heard of Stormslider being a battery killer. You might want to rethink what was causing your issue.
    06-21-09 05:16 PM
    I have never ever heard of Stormslider being a battery killer. You might want to rethink what was causing your issue.
    i'm a new verizon customer ... had the storm for about a week or so now ... battery was good for like 2 days w/o charging ... after installing that app, i'd be charging my bb twice a day, now i recently deleted that app my battery been good ever since
    06-21-09 05:37 PM
    i'm a new verizon customer ... had the storm for about a week or so now ... battery was good for like 2 days w/o charging ... after installing that app, i'd be charging my bb twice a day, now i recently deleted that app my battery been good ever since
    what version r u using? ?

neways i suggest u read the faqs page where it says "This app is killing my battery! No, it's just the reboots from the updates..."
    06-21-09 05:41 PM
    coincidence....what version did you install and what settings did you use. there has to be some user error involved somehow here because i can get 1.5 days out of my battery with it in use
    06-21-09 05:44 PM
    coincidence....what version did you install and what settings did you use. there has to be some user error involved somehow here because i can get 1.5 days out of my battery with it in use
    i was using the latest version ... StormSlider v3.7.9
    Last edited by black_rain�; 06-21-09 at 05:53 PM.
    06-21-09 05:47 PM
    I thought stormslider was free. I have it and I never paid for it. And it does not use much if any battery. And if it is a paid app where do you get and updated version.

06-21-09 05:48 PM
    I thought stormslider was free. I have it and I never paid for it. And it does not use much if any battery. And if it is a paid app where do you get and updated version.

right here on crackberry ... check out the apps section
    06-21-09 05:56 PM
    if you use this app does it render the normal lock button useless? i dont want to use this slider if the lock button will still work as when its in my pocket it sometimes unlocks and calls ppl and other random things so i want the ability to be able to just use the slider and only the slider to unlock the phone.
    06-21-09 06:01 PM
    with stormslider, you initiate in by pressing the lock button at the top, stormslider is activated once your phones backlight shuts off. Then you then unlock the storm by using the slider, the unlock button will not unlock the storm
    06-21-09 06:09 PM
    Here is the thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...unlock-169483/

It shows the differences between paid and free

06-21-09 06:13 PM
    ok so to initiate it i do need to use the standard unlock button but once activated that button becomes useless and wont work? thats perfect ha saw the video on here only thing i dont really like is that horrible transition when unlocking the phone. but the guy in the video said hes working on a way to fix it so i might wait til its fixed before buying it. r the updates free?
    06-21-09 06:16 PM
    ok so to initiate it i do need to use the standard unlock button but once activated that button becomes useless and wont work? thats perfect ha saw the video on here only thing i dont really like is that horrible transition when unlocking the phone. but the guy in the video said hes working on a way to fix it so i might wait til its fixed before buying it. r the updates free?
    You dont have to press the lock button. The paid version you can set to activate upon dim and after a certain amount of minutes. This works great and I think the guy talking about battery drain is a special case.
    06-21-09 06:19 PM
    You dont have to press the lock button. The paid version you can set to activate upon dim and after a certain amount of minutes. This works great and I think the guy talking about battery drain is a special case.
    correct, you can have it start on its on its if you dont mind having to unlock it everytime you pick up the phone. User choice
    06-21-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD