I am an independent construction contractor and use my task and calendar apps a lot. After trying most of the free ones out there, I had come to the conclusion that oddly enough, the native task app was the only one that worked well for me.
    Last night I came across a new app called Slicktasks and though not free, it is on sale for $2.95 so I gave it a try. I must say, that it may well be the best task app (for me) that I have seen. It uses a "file tree" system that makes it very easy to access many items on one screen. The folders can also be expanded or collapsed for a more, or less detailed veiw.
    Give it a look. I think the adress is:
    Mindberry.net/slicktasks
    If not just google it.

TP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:59 PM
    bought it too..
    nice UI, functionally lacking in some aspects, but the developer assured me over twitter that he's working on it

one being that the notification sound will always be played when u set reminder, even if ur bb profile is set to silent or vibrate..

another is unlike some task mngment apps which sync to AND fro native task/cal, this one only syncs from the native..
    which is fine if ur gonna use it as a task replacement..
    08-18-09 01:53 PM
    Yeah I also saw where the developer said he would be working on a way to back up to oiutlook. To me if he could just let you choose to 2 way sync it with the native task app then you could do it that way. As stated, he has a ways to go but it looks promising to me

08-18-09 03:54 PM
    I bought it yesterday with high hopes after I lost my Task Master, which I loved. It looks really nice, but I can't seem to find the "default" settings. The font is too small and you can't move the task from one place to another. Changing the color and font style every time is crazy.
    08-22-09 08:35 AM
    You should have gotten an upgrade notice today. It fixes the font size problem by letting you set it yourself. It also syncs both ways with the native task app. You can move sub folders to different folders etc. Its a little clunky but if I want to move a subtask to a different folder I can use the "un-indent" command then the" move up" or "move down" command then "indent" to place it in the other folder. It sounds worse than it is but there is room for improvement.

08-23-09 09:29 PM
    I just bought it as well and am pretty happy with it. I would love to see some sort of sync between it and one of the online task apps like Remember The Milk, Toodledoo or Todoist.

Still, even missing that, I'm pretty happy with it. It's MUCH better than the built-in Tasks application.
    08-23-09 09:51 PM
    You should have gotten an upgrade notice today. It fixes the font size problem by letting you set it yourself. It also syncs both ways with the native task app. You can move sub folders to different folders etc. Its a little clunky but if I want to move a subtask to a different folder I can use the "un-indent" command then the" move up" or "move down" command then "indent" to place it in the other folder. It sounds worse than it is but there is room for improvement.

actually i like the current system of un-indent then move then indent better then an interface to move to folder.. cos the latter sounds like it may require a popup at least, to select the new folder..

try using the shortcuts to move! 4 6 for indentations, 2 8 to move.
    it's really fast that way
    08-23-09 10:05 PM
    am still griping over the part where theres no link between the OS's profile changes.. i.e. even when the mobile is on vibrate, if slicktasks is configured to ring, it still would.

the dev has said its a lock on RIM's part.. hopefully there would be a workaround..
    08-23-09 10:06 PM

Do you know if the existing data got deleted as you performed the upgrade?
    08-24-09 02:43 AM
    Do you know if the existing data got deleted as you performed the upgrade?
    I have actually gotten 2 updates in the last 36 hours and my data remained intact after the upgrade.

08-24-09 07:00 AM
    I snagged this app last night after reading the comments and info about it. Unfortuantely its has a glaring ommission when it comes to syncing. While it does sync with the native task app, it doenst sync the reminder info or recurrance info. I was hoping to type all my stuff in outlook and sync with the native app then sync that to slicktasks. Actally sync straight from slicktasks to outlook would be ideal but I can live with the extra step.... If only it fully synced the task.

08-25-09 09:29 AM
    Another problem is that the apps does not sync automatically to the native task or the o. So if one used outlook heavily, he/she might not always able to get the most up to date task.

Hopefully the app is still work in progress

08-25-09 02:37 PM
    I downloaded Slick Task today because it was on sale through the Mobi Hand store for $2.95 and I use task functions frequently as I am a college student and I put each assignment in as a task so I can prioritize and check items off when completed. Before Slick Task I bought the Agendus program for better task management and wish I'd seen this program first because the more robust task functions was all I wanted. I do like Agendus, but it takes up 1.5M and I'd rather conserve that space if at all possible. If you are a task oriented person, I highly suggest giving Slick Task a try!
    08-28-09 12:03 AM
    Yeah, I won a copy in the last CB contest, just found out this morning (thanks crackberry!). I was not going to buy this app because I already bought MyTasks app. MyTasks is not bad, though it is definitely kind of a pain in the **** to navigate between tasks and sub-tasks.
    After trying Slicktasks, I am very impressed! It is SUPER easy to add tasks, subtasks etc and expand/collapse each branch of tasks... very simple navigation. However, I do believe there is still room for improvement in this app: Make it easier to delete all completed tasks (need to delete each one manually, or you can HIDE completed tasks, but does not get rid of them until you delete). Now this is being REALLY picky, but I would also like it if the first letter of a new task was automatically capitalized. I'm weird about this, it is just a peeve to have to hold the letter down for an extra second to get a capital letter. Also, there is a lot of scrolling involved if you want to add a NOTE to a task.

Otherwise, this is an AWESOME app and would highly recommend to anyone that wants a simple to use task app.
    08-28-09 12:48 AM
    Does not work for me. I am running on BES and each time I sync between SlickTasks to Tasks or back, it duplicate entries.
    You end up with a tons of tasks.
    Contacted their tech support . . . Useless. I am still waiting for an answer.
    Otherwise, great app if you are using it stand alone and do not plan on Synching.
    BTW, when I upgraded to .297 this week, I've lost everything I had in it.
    08-29-09 05:29 AM
    nice app... needs some work but better than any other i have tried...

how are you guys backing it up? didn't seem to backup through desktop manager...
    08-29-09 08:01 PM
    Does not work for me. I am running on BES and each time I sync between SlickTasks to Tasks or back, it duplicate entries.
    You end up with a tons of tasks.
    Contacted their tech support . . . Useless. I am still waiting for an answer.
    Otherwise, great app if you are using it stand alone and do not plan on Synching.
    BTW, when I upgraded to .297 this week, I've lost everything I had in it.
    i feel the same.
    did away with native tasks totally..

now if only the homescreen 'T' shortcut could direct me to slicktasks instead of native tasks
    08-30-09 07:50 AM
    How do I set a task to have a due date of let's say Sept 30th, but I need it to alarm me everyday at 10am.

And each day at 10am, what do I select when the alarm window pops up? Compeleted, open, etc?
    08-30-09 09:59 AM
    I just picked this up a few days ago myself, and I dig it. Sadly though, the sync functions are a bit clunky. Works well on initial set up, but that is about it. Going back and forth after that results in duplicate entries. I played around with a new os leak and lost what hadn't been backed up through the native task manager. Hopefully someday syncing with outlook and the task manager will become a bit more streamlined. I think that would solve some of the backup issues as well.
    08-30-09 03:22 PM
    well after reading this thread i finally decided to buy this app and i really like it.
    08-30-09 05:16 PM
    Hiya,
    Posted earlier looking for suggestions on how to back up slicktask.... Any ideas? Also, are you guys still using the native bb task app or are you deleting it to gain a little more memory? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
    08-30-09 06:03 PM
    i deleted the native task app when i got my phone for more memory.
    08-30-09 06:16 PM
    what are you doing for backup? I don't believe it backs up through DM, does it?
    08-30-09 06:27 PM
    what are you doing for backup? I don't believe it backs up through DM, does it?
    haven't tried to back it up. i just bought it today, sorry i cant be more help here.
    08-30-09 06:29 PM
    I just bought this app on the recommendation of this thread.. I have a silly question: How do you mark a task completed? I LOVE to see check marks next to thing things I've COMPLETED - such a sense of accomplishment, ahhh......... anyone?
    08-30-09 09:11 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD