I love Slacker, but the lowest volume setting is still a bit too loud for me in a quiet environment. I also notice that there are about one and a half bars (5 clicks) of mute volume...in other words, Slacker seems to have more finely tuned settings than the BB has. I'm using the earbuds that came with my Curve. I do not have audio boost enabled. The BB media player is fine. I'm sure someone else might have the opposite problem, but anyone else notice this? Is there a solution?

If different headphones is the answer, I prefer the small earbud style rather than a bulky headset. My bluetooth (Jabra BT 8040) doesn't seem to work with Slacker, either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 12:20 PM
    How is the sound level if you use the BB speaker rather than headphones? I have found the sound level to be low.
    01-21-09 12:44 PM
    Yeah, the handset is pretty quiet by itself. But I really like using headphones at work.

01-21-09 12:49 PM
    So you can get a sane volume level on the BB speaker. I would try setting the level on the speaker as low as possible and then plug in the head phones to see how it is.

BTW, you can listen to Slacker online, or down load a a free Slacker player for your PC.
    01-21-09 12:51 PM
    No difference...those lowest settings are mute for the handset as well.

Yeah, when I need quieter music I use the PC (I love all the features and controls available there as well). I can't roll to the other side of my cube if I'm plugged into the PC, though, and I also have a problem with static electricity and getting shocked in the ears!

01-21-09 01:12 PM
    Mayb this is silly but ther r headphones with built in slide vol control. I hav a set of skull candy that use when skiing.

01-21-09 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion - that's not silly at all! I'm glad to know they make earbuds with volume control.

01-21-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD