I'm using slacker on my 8900 and there's weird noises kind of like cd skipping every couple of seconds. Does anyone else have this problem? I love the app but these noises are killing me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 09:12 AM
    Doesn't happen on my 8330.
    02-17-09 10:23 AM
    What you describe has happened occasionally to me also on my Storm. I think it may be caused by buffering issues.
    02-17-09 11:03 AM
    I've had it happen very occasionally, with maybe a couple of skips on one track out of an hour's worth of music. Agreed that it is probably something to do with buffering. My BB is a Verizon 8330 Curve.
    02-17-09 11:05 AM
    What you describe has happened occasionally to me also on my Storm. I think it may be caused by buffering issues.
    Ditto here.
    02-17-09 11:10 AM
    Well the station is cached to my memory card so it shouldn't have to buffer much. And the noise is more of a blip instead of a skip I should have worded that differently. There's no actual skipping in the music.

02-17-09 01:33 PM
    Haven't heard this so far.
    02-17-09 01:37 PM
    I've heard of this, it is definitely buffer issues...
    Sometimes it happens and I have a full signal which makes no sense to me.

02-17-09 01:42 PM
    I am using a Storm, and the new app works great..... Except when I get an e-mail notification - it stops slacker and I need to go back into the app and start the song again - which restarts from the beginning! ugh
    02-17-09 01:55 PM
    Which Slacker version are you using? 1.0.23 is the latest version...

Does the 'blip' happen on every song or just some? Is it in the middle of the song or the end?

02-17-09 05:31 PM
    I'm using 1.0.23. The blips happen on every song, every couple of seconds. Throughout the entire song.

Very annoying.
    02-17-09 08:41 PM
    I have had the same issue. I don't think mine is as significant as yours though. I have seen that it is more prevalent when connected to wifi, which makes no sense as it is much faster. I've also been unable to cache as I've seen others have had also.

Still my favorite app though bar none.
    02-17-09 09:25 PM
    none of this on my 8320 curve...works fine outher then runs whole blackberry a little slow...
    02-17-09 09:36 PM
    slacker is awesome
    02-18-09 05:11 PM
    Mine does the same if I'm actually streaming, so, I cache my fav stations and problem solved.

02-18-09 07:13 PM
    I'm getting this too. It only happens every few songs and I just wrote it off as buffering. Although, half the time I'm glad to just get Slacker playing.
    I really hope Pandora comes to the Blackberry market.
    02-19-09 01:34 PM
    I am a new Slacker user and am only now learning about caching stations. It sounds like I wouldn't have to worry so much about buffering or stations cutting out when I go underground, so I am interested in doing this. However, my 256MB microSD card is far too small to accomodate caching.

I know they have larger ones, but the Sandisk 2gb one I am looking at here at the Crackberry shop is only $15. Would that size be sufficient enough to cache up to half a dozen stations (maybe more)? I *would* want to have extra space on the card for photos and the like, but I really don't fill it all that much as it is.

Thanks.
    02-19-09 01:37 PM
    I just posted another thread on this.

Have tried number things, none seem to work.

Slacker is the main reason for getting the 8900 . . . now it is useless.

Can buffering be modified?

Seems to happen on WI-FI, EDGE and Cached Stations.

There does seem to be some difference between stations; Classical Hits Light is the worse . . . Was able to listen to World for over 30 minutes before sould became distorted.

Does not seem to be related to state of battery charge.

Nothing from Slacker forum on this . . . except several posts.

If you haven't posted on Slacker forum, doing so may bring it to RomeE's attention.
    02-20-09 01:47 PM
    I am a new Slacker user and am only now learning about caching stations. It sounds like I wouldn't have to worry so much about buffering or stations cutting out when I go underground, so I am interested in doing this. However, my 256MB microSD card is far too small to accomodate caching.

I know they have larger ones, but the Sandisk 2gb one I am looking at here at the Crackberry shop is only $15. Would that size be sufficient enough to cache up to half a dozen stations (maybe more)? I *would* want to have extra space on the card for photos and the like, but I really don't fill it all that much as it is.

Thanks.
    You can get a 8gb for practically $17-20, don't bother with anything less than 8gb right now.
    02-20-09 01:49 PM
    I have had the same issue. I don't think mine is as significant as yours though. I have seen that it is more prevalent when connected to wifi, which makes no sense as it is much faster. I've also been unable to cache as I've seen others have had also.

Still my favorite app though bar none.
    Do you get an error message when you try to cache?

As for the noises if it happens on cached and streaming stations I would check with Slacker Support or post on their forums (Official Slacker Forums • Index page), especially if it is happening in the middle of the song. I haven't noticed any noises during songs, but sometimes in-between songs I will catch a "pop" when using earphones.
    02-20-09 05:05 PM
    Ive been using Slacker about 2 months on my 8130 Pearl. I only listen to cached stations and Ive never had any probs like that

claire
    02-20-09 06:03 PM
    Happens to me when i'm listening to slacker too. However, not to the extent that it bothers me. Once in awhile I suppose.
    02-21-09 12:08 AM
    hapens to me sometimes when i dont have a full signal i just thought it was not being a good area

on a side note is slacker suposta run slow as &$*# i go to open the menu and it takes like a good min or so to open >_<
    02-21-09 02:41 AM
    when the stations are cashed there is not that skipping but you have to keep up on the updating of the card on your PC

and there are only so many songs that cash at a time so eventually the cashed stations have to start streaming,

the skipping is just some form of catching up with itself.
    02-21-09 08:55 AM
    My wife and I both have 8900s and I have the same problem with Slacker. I still listen to it, but it is annoying.
    03-05-09 10:20 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD