awesome app...Thanks!!!!!!
    02-05-09 04:49 PM
    I read through about the first 10 pages or so but didnt see an answer yet...

Is there anything similar to the "Add Variety" option in Pandora for Slacker? I created a station and have been hearting and banning songs, but the variety isn't too great. I'd like to add more bands specifically by name for a fully custom station. Is there a way to do this either from the app or the net player and have the app use it?

I created a station by entering an artist, is there an alternate way maybe that adds more variety?

Otherwise, I'm loving this app, it works very well.
    02-05-09 05:04 PM
    ToeTagger-

Thanks very much for your response, that's how I hoped it would work!

This is a GREAT app.
    02-05-09 05:40 PM
    Why the **** can I not dl this. I go to the site like the directions say but I never see a link to dl it nor does it just start like the directions say.
    02-05-09 07:03 PM
    Why the **** can I not dl this. I go to the site like the directions say but I never see a link to dl it nor does it just start like the directions say.
    Go into your browser options and make sure it is set to blackberry not Microsoft IE or Netscape or Firefox, etc.

Then save settings and refresh the page.
    02-05-09 07:06 PM
    Wow. Just wow. AWESOME!

Any downsides to this app? Excessive battery/memory drain reported anywhere?
    02-05-09 07:44 PM
    And what happens when you finish using up your 6 skips?
    02-05-09 08:18 PM
    Nothing at all to worry about, its not a re-formatting of your card. It simply wipes away your previous slacker data.
    Thanks for the confirmation!! I went ahead and selected "Yes" to the reset message and had no problems. Now I'm sitting back and listening to the soothing, heavenly tones of... Megadeth.
    02-05-09 11:03 PM
    best music app ever
    02-06-09 08:09 AM
    I am really struggling with the station caching.. Anyone have tips here?

I have flagged stations to cache and it puts that tiny yellow icon in the corner of the station graphic.

Then I connected the device to USB and selected the slacker option in the open dialog window.

What is supposed to happen next? I noticed there is a slacker folder on my microsd but what gets placed in there? Do I need to be listening to music for a period of time and then it downloads what I've listened to? I am just lost here. My cached station is always stuck at 0 items even though I have flagged 4 stations for caching.

I'm usually pretty good at this stuff but I am getting no feedback from the BB or my PC after I click the slacker USB connect application.

Thanks in advance
    02-06-09 10:41 AM
    How do I cache stations on my BlackBerry?
    While a station is playing on your BlackBerry phone, click on the menu button and then choose “Cache Playing Station” The next time you connect your BlackBerry to your PC, make sure it’s set to run in Mass Storage Mode. If so, you should have an autorun box pop up that asks what you would like to do, choose Sync with Slacker Sync program. If you do not see the box pop up, that means you have disabled your Autorun. In this case, navigate to your Removable Drive (My Computer, Then whatever drive letter is the removable drive for your BB), and you will find a program called “Slacker.Synclauncher.exe” Run this file to start the syncing process.
    02-06-09 12:19 PM
    I ended up "upgrading" from .99 to .75 for Slacker - after a Slacker reinstall and Battery pull - works like a champ!
    02-06-09 12:20 PM
    Took a lot of time reading this thread & don't see my issue. Running out of box
    .75 OS, did not use beta version of slacker.

Downloaded from slacker.com, loaded, battery pull after load and it looks great
    except when I go to play the station I'm receiving the error message "cud not
    get track" & under that error is "error occur ed-try request later".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx,

pga
    02-06-09 12:35 PM
    Loving this APP!

I too am getting the "hiccup" about 10-15 seconds into the songs. That is a drawback, but otherwise a fantastic addition to my Storm!!!
    02-06-09 02:56 PM
    I'm not sure why many are comparing Slacker and Flycast. They are totally different in they way they work. If you want to listen to a "real" radio station because you want to listen to NPR or some other talk show AM or FM, then you would use Flycast.
    If you want to listen to custom music channels then Slacker is awesome. Besides using up memory app storage, why not leave both programs on your Storm?
    02-06-09 03:54 PM
    Has anyone figured out how much data, Slacker uses per hour? I think I must have streamed about 10 hours yesterday.
    02-06-09 03:56 PM
    Do i downloaded slacker but i cant find it anywhere. so i downloaded it again.. cant find it anywhere and did a reboot after the 2nd time i downloaded it... any ideas?

when i go under options- applications, its there... i did a search but that didnt help

did you look in your d/l folder
    02-06-09 04:00 PM
    Has anyone figured out how much data, Slacker uses per hour? I think I must have streamed about 10 hours yesterday.
    Are you a Verizon customer? Sign up for MyVerizon (free) and it will show you your monthly consumption of everything: minutes, data, texts, etc!
    02-06-09 04:25 PM
    Is anyone else having an issue with the songs stuttering just a bit at 12 to 18 seconds?
    02-06-09 05:24 PM
    What a great app! Runs perfect so far on .99. One thing that I noticed and to me this is a feature Is that if you run out of skips and unplug your headphones and plug them back in, it skips to the next song.
    02-06-09 05:35 PM
    Does anyone else have this problem where if you pause a song then hit play it starts the song over insted of resuming. Also whenever someone calls or texts me the song currently playing will stop and then when I hit play the song starts over again insted of resuming. Its a bad enough problem that the song will stop playing if u get a text but the fact that I cant resume and I have the play the song from the beggining again makes the app useless for me. I cant even get through 1 song at the gym. I have to keep restarting the same song from the beggining. Very annoying.
    02-06-09 05:41 PM
    How do I cache stations on my BlackBerry?
    While a station is playing on your BlackBerry phone, click on the menu button and then choose �Cache Playing Station� The next time you connect your BlackBerry to your PC, make sure it�s set to run in Mass Storage Mode. If so, you should have an autorun box pop up that asks what you would like to do, choose Sync with Slacker Sync program. If you do not see the box pop up, that means you have disabled your Autorun. In this case, navigate to your Removable Drive (My Computer, Then whatever drive letter is the removable drive for your BB), and you will find a program called �Slacker.Synclauncher.exe� Run this file to start the syncing process.
    Thanks for the tip. I believe there is some intermittent behavior with this procedure on my PC. I tried the same steps again and it worked correctly. Then I went to do the same thing on my wife's curve and it would not load the sync app. I will have to keep playing with this to nail down what is going on for times where the app works.

What exactly is the cacheing doing? Does it download every song that is currently on slacker rotation for that channel and store it on the phone? I would have thought slacker has millions of songs so does it just fill up some portion of space with random songs for that channel? Would be nice if they provided some user manuals for this app.
    02-07-09 07:14 AM
    While not a newbie to BB's (this is my 4th) I am when it comes to 3rd party
    app's. Had the error can't find track, went to application permissions, set
    media to allow and viola! I'm a happy Slacker!

Enjoy,

pga
    02-07-09 07:51 AM
    this may have also been discussed ad-nauseum BUT I plugged in the storm to my aux jack in my Toyota fj cruiser...and voila...its like free satellite radio...only I can choose any artist ever...simply an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING application....this phone truly does get better by the day
    02-07-09 09:10 AM
    I wenter to slacker.com on my bb storm and it only takes me to the regualr internet site. NO OPTIONTO download
    02-07-09 09:28 AM
317 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD