Hi there:

Over the past few weeks (with no changes of any sort to my 8330), when Slacker runs into connection problems it simply decides to make my Curve reboot. It never did this before, and Pandora doesn't behave this way...

Any thoughts? I like having both just to mix things up, but if I have to stick with Pandora alone I will...

Peace!
    S
    06-07-09 12:59 PM
    Have you tried deleting Slacker then reinstalling it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 02:25 PM
    Aloha!

...Yeppers, I seem to have the EXACT same recent problem, and I think what you mentioned about having BOTH Pandora and Slacker is the key.

I also recently had this troublesome reboot by Slacker thing happen, only it didn't happen until day TWO of having it on my system.

One of the main reasons I got Slacker was...Pandora seemed to be acting up! It couldn't find a connection, so then it would ask for some PIN or VIN numbers (or something to that effect; can't recall exactly--it just showed three long white fill-in-the blank forms with titles for things I didn't have a clue about!) so I gave up trying to get it to play, looked around on that BB shopping/download thingy [as you can see, I am REALLY bad with remembering the names of things! ] and chose Slacker.

It ran great and all and then TODAY, on my way to Star ($likes my$)Bucks, it rebooted TWICE and I was in a really good HOT zone for connections and all (big downtown area, lots of WiFi, BlueTooth, etc. available) so I thought, "What the HECK???"

I searched Google, never really found anything, then I came here and saw YOUR post, thank the BB Gods! :P

OK, me and the RevG are waiting. Oh, and I am not sure I would keep Pandora over Slacker, I mean with Slacker, you have the option of keeping some music, right?

All the best!

...and ALOHA from Hawaii
    Last edited by chinamike; 06-15-09 at 02:53 PM.
    06-15-09 02:45 PM
    Just in case you haven't seen it, Slacker has version 2 out now.

I'ver seen the reboot problem a few times, so upgrading now to see if it fixes this problem.
    07-01-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD