Okay... I downloaded Slacker on Friday and I was soooo excited about it so then I tried making an account and it kept saying "Error creating account.", so I kept trying and it kept repeating "Error creating account." so I deleted it. Then about 40 minutes ago I had an idea that I could just make an account directly from the computer, so I did that and redownloaded Slacker and typed in my new account info, and guess what it says to me??? "Login Failed. A connection with the server could not be established." So my main questions are: has anyone else had these problems and if so what do I do to fix them?

Thanks in advance!!!
    01-18-09 12:25 PM
    Oh yeah, and I do have a data plan so thats not it... I think
    01-18-09 12:26 PM
    I have an 8130 Pearl w/Sprint and have had slacker for 2 weeks now. I just downloaded the appy to my Pearl and a sync app to my computer that allows the cache to work. I thought it was pretty straight forward and havent had any problems with it.

Maybe you should delete everything, do a battery pull and start fresh. Sorry for your problems.
    01-18-09 12:32 PM
    I had all the same problems u had on my 8120. I was getting ready to get rid of the whole mess also. I created my password on my PC once I redown loaded slacker u have to go to permissions and change them to allow. Now I do not have a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 12:43 PM
    I had all the same problems u had on my 8120. I was getting ready to get rid of the whole mess also. I created my password on my PC once I redown loaded slacker u have to go to permissions and change them to allow. Now I do not have a problem.

change everything to allow???
    01-18-09 12:47 PM
    I tried BOTH of your suggestions just now, and neither of them worked... but thanks!
    01-18-09 12:50 PM
    I have a curve and have had problems logging in to slacker from my computer. I cleared everything in the browser and restarted it and it worked. Dont know why, maybe it will work for you.
    01-18-09 04:56 PM
    I have a curve and have had problems logging in to slacker from my computer. I cleared everything in the browser and restarted it and it worked. Dont know why, maybe it will work for you.
    That may be it but... how do I clear out the browser??? Thanks a lot!
    01-18-09 07:25 PM
    can someone please explaine exactly what the cashe means
    01-18-09 07:29 PM
    I think if you dont allow, it wont work that well on the BB. I first tried no on all ?s and didnt get anywhere. However, I dloaded on my 8830 after upgrading to the 4.5 and wonder why it will play great for awhile, then my phone shuts down and reboots?! Anyone have info on this as well?
    01-18-09 11:01 PM
    I think if you dont allow, it wont work that well on the BB. I first tried no on all ?s and didnt get anywhere. However, I dloaded on my 8830 after upgrading to the 4.5 and wonder why it will play great for awhile, then my phone shuts down and reboots?! Anyone have info on this as well?
    I even upgraded my phone to 4.5 last night, and that didn't work!
    01-19-09 01:38 PM
    Perhaps deleting/removing the file from your phone then performing a hard boot...then redownloading it directly into ur BB from the cell's website might do the trick.
    01-19-09 02:55 PM
    Ash - Don't know if you ever figured this out, but you need to go back into your application settings and set all the parameters to "allow." I had this same problem, and that's what solved it for me.
    02-04-09 09:52 PM
    I ended up just doing a total delete because it would not hold anything in cache I got to frustrated with it and decided that no app was worth that much frustration.

02-05-09 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD