I just had to get this out. I think the radio app, "Slacker Radio" is the best app I've downloaded yet. I love the mix of music and the categories. I can put it on and work and listen all day long. Running .99 no battery issues with using the program all day! Thanks for reading my rant.
    02-09-09 04:47 PM
    I agree 100%!!

In fact, I ordered an FM Transmitter for my car and will be quitting XM soon! Free is better than $150/year!!
    02-09-09 06:26 PM
    I concur

10char
    02-09-09 06:48 PM
    I just downloaded the slacker app, but i cant get it to play on earphones. Whenever i plug the earphones in the jack, it just keeps playing on the speakers. I have tried reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, shutting down the app and then plugging in the earphones and then starting the app again. I cant get anything to work, this app is really cool but i cant use it with earphones.
    02-09-09 09:57 PM
    Perhaps a long shot, but make sure your headphones are plugged ALL the way in. I had the same problem for a second then realized that the cover on my storm wasn't allowing the plug to make complete contact.
    02-09-09 11:09 PM
    I just picked up my storm 2 days ago so I am new using it. I downloaded the Slacker app but dont see it anywhere on my blackberry. When I downloaded it I assumed it would be under the icon named Applications. Can someone give me a little help. thanks!
    02-09-09 11:23 PM
    I just downloaded the slacker app, but i cant get it to play on earphones. Whenever i plug the earphones in the jack, it just keeps playing on the speakers. I have tried reinstalling the app, restarting the phone, shutting down the app and then plugging in the earphones and then starting the app again. I cant get anything to work, this app is really cool but i cant use it with earphones.
    Just shut power your phone off and back on. That solved the problem for me! Slacker is the S#!T in the car. Don't know if I want to spend the extra money for the premium access. Guess the generic app was designed a little too well.
    02-09-09 11:38 PM
    Its in the download folder on home screen.
    02-09-09 11:40 PM
    i love slacker. when i got my curve, my boss got jealous and upgraded to the curve as well. then 4 months later the storm was born, and i again upgraded, but he did not. well up until a few days ago he was rubbing in my face how slacker worked on his curve, while my envious storm didn't have the app yet.

then i showed him slacker for the storm...
    02-09-09 11:46 PM
    I agree 100%!!

In fact, I ordered an FM Transmitter for my car and will be quitting XM soon! Free is better than $150/year!!
    LOL i made a thread about this. I canceled XM and am using slacker VIA Aux. Cable. (From my storm to my factory aux radio) Works great.
    02-09-09 11:47 PM
    I deffinetly agree. I have been listening to Slacker on my Storm and on my pc almost non stop since i found out about it.
    02-10-09 03:31 AM
    I have had similiar problems because of the hard case I'm using, it doesn't allow the plug to go the whole way in. Other than that I don't have any ideas....good luck!
    02-10-09 07:26 AM
    I'm new to BB, not to mention the Storm, but so far I love it. Love the idea of the radio! Is there a link to the app anywhere?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by oldblue; 02-10-09 at 08:33 AM.
    02-10-09 08:22 AM
    Never mind! Found it!
    02-10-09 08:36 AM
    I'm new to BB, not to mention the Storm, but so far I love it. Love the idea of the radio! Is there a link to the app anywhere
    Browse to slacker.com from your storm browser. Unless you've tweaked your browser to appear to be ie, the slacker page should figure out you are on a blackberry storm and will prompt you to initiate the install. Enjoy!
    02-10-09 08:37 AM
    Did just that! Love Slacker! Now I just have to see how it's going to affect my VZW plan. I could get used to listening to Slacker all day, as long as the charges from VZW aren't crazy.
    02-10-09 11:41 AM
    What charges?

02-10-09 10:27 PM
    Verizon's blackberry data plans are unlimited, actually capped at 5gig, but you'll never reach 5 gig. I listen to slacker all day at my desk, never had any problems. It's the greatest app ever.
    02-11-09 08:36 AM
    definitely a great app!!
    02-11-09 08:52 AM
    I am also a Slacker Lover!!! It is definitely a great app.
    02-11-09 08:54 AM
    This thing is incredible...if it was a few weeks earlier I wouldn't have renewed my way to expensive sirius.
    The make a channel is killer and I think it may very well be worth the $50 a year for the extra options and to insure it stays alive.

02-11-09 09:05 AM
    Verizon's blackberry data plans are unlimited, actually capped at 5gig, but you'll never reach 5 gig. I listen to slacker all day at my desk, never had any problems. It's the greatest app ever.
    I thought it was said in another thread on here that the 5GB soft cap was only for tethering? I think somebody who said they were a VZW employee also posted about it, or am I mistaken?

Been using this app for two days so far and I think its great! Just need to figure out how to use that custom station feature.

02-11-09 03:36 PM
    I love slacker tooo.... visit my contest below to get 1 month of Plus for free.
    02-11-09 04:08 PM
    Has anyone upgraded to Slacker Radio Plus?
    02-11-09 08:38 PM
    I'm thinking about upgrading...I want to use it a bit longer first.

02-11-09 08:52 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD