Whenever I go to m.slacker.com it says "This device is not compatable with slacker radio" or something... I'm on an 8310. Any reasons why not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 12:22 AM
    Well it won't work on an OS lower than 4.3. What's your os?

01-20-09 12:36 AM
    I'm using 4.5 :/ everything's top notch on my phone. Is there a desktop version I can dl then transfer via DM?

01-20-09 01:14 AM
    I just d/l & installed on my 8330 Curve It took over 2 mins to log into after i made a account.

Works fine for me my OS is v4.3.0.127
    01-20-09 01:51 AM
    Did you by any chance try to install and if failed? If so I suggest checking for Slacker in the Apps List and Modules List and see if there's a Slacker folder on your SD card.

Other than there's no reason it should not install on your Curve. As far as I know, there's no downloadable version.
    01-20-09 06:30 AM
    no problems here

01-20-09 06:34 AM
    When I tried to download it said something about resetting my SD card.... I'm not always the brightest so does that mean it would basically reformat my card and wipe everything?

01-20-09 08:40 AM
    It won't do anything to your card. It's just going to reset Slacker info that's already there.

This has happened to me twice. Once after I had set up caching and then deleted Slacker. The second time was when I lost my cached stations for some reason.
    01-20-09 09:08 AM
    Well I have attempted to install slacker several times, without success. I finally deleted it. kept getting a message stating: the app was attempting to break firewall settings. Also, login FAILED.
    01-20-09 09:48 AM
    I have been using slacker at the gym with limited service so sometimes it takes a while to get going. My problem is coming when the app shuts down my entire phone. Happens if I'm playing a game or surfing the web. Anyone else have this problem. Phone curve8330 OS4.5. Thanks all!

01-20-09 12:49 PM
    I have been using slacker at the gym with limited service so sometimes it takes a while to get going. My problem is coming when the app shuts down my entire phone. Happens if I'm playing a game or surfing the web. Anyone else have this problem. Phone curve8330 OS4.5. Thanks all!

My phone has been shut down, too. Several times. Without doing anything else. Seems to happen most when I'm in more of a "fringe" area, though it has happened to me at home where my signal is decent and consistent. But I babysat my brother's kids Saturday night and used it nearly the entire time and I think it shut down twice on me. It was frustrating, but in that scenario worthwhile to go through the reboot.

What I haven't been able to confirm or deny is if I might be getting a calendar reminder, or perhaps when goo sync is doing it's thing. i can't tell with goo sync is donig it's thing so not sure if I'll ever figure it out.
    01-20-09 12:57 PM
    I haven't experienced any shut down issues. I think Slacker does take a lot of BB resources resulting in sluggish performance when trying to run multiple apps at once. I generally only listen to it in the cars so it hasn't been issue. I find when I do want to run another app go into the running app list (alt + escape) and returning to the home screen to start another app works best.

Well I have attempted to install slacker several times, without success. I finally deleted it. kept getting a message stating: the app was attempting to break firewall settings. Also, login FAILED.
    You have to disable the firewall for Slacker to work (don't know about d/l).
    01-20-09 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD