Ok, so I have NO flippin' clue what happened. Last night, went to bed, did a soft reset like I usually do to free up whatever memory was leaked on the Tour. It restarts and now this morning, I get NO alerts on my device, a shortcut to "Slacker Radio" was installed (NO I DID NOT DO IT), and I cannot send any emails. It ONLY allows me to save a draft yet I can recieve.
    07-27-09 08:52 AM
    Lol. I was just about to post the same exact thing. I didn't even reset my phone I just put it on bedside mode and I woke up this morning and see the Slacker Radio icon on my phone and I didn't download it. What the **** is this..
    07-27-09 08:55 AM
    I have no flippin' clue but I'm fixin' to call VZW and ask if they're pushing it out because if they are, I'm going to be pissed. Ever since that showed up on my phone, I can't send any emails, NOR is it letting my ringtone alerts to work.

Are you having the same issue?

AND what is pissing me off even more, is that I'm now at work and if I try to wipe and reload the phone, I can't do that until I get home becuase the cable is at my house.
    07-27-09 08:59 AM
    It's just a shortcut to download the app. Just hide it and move on. Alternatively, you could install it, because it's a KICK *** program.
    07-27-09 09:00 AM
    It's just a shortcut to download the app. Just hide it and move on. Alternatively, you could install it, because it's a KICK *** program.
    I know it's just a shortcut but that doesn't explain all the other issues.

BUT...

I went into my BIS account and logged in. It automatically had my new BlackBerry Tour that I got on Saturday switched out, which was weird because they never used to switch it out for me before on my BIS, I'd always have to do it. So I re-did the account and all my messages for the past three days came back to the BlackBerry. NOW, my alerts are working and I can send. WTF!?!?
    07-27-09 09:07 AM
    First, try a battery pull if you haven't.

If that doesn't work...
    Go into Options - Mobile Network
    Hit the Blackberry Button and choose Diagnostic Test. That will put your Tour through it's paces and resend service books as well. I had this problem with my Curve once and after running the dignostic test everything was back to normal.

As for Slacker being pushed, as others have said it is only an icon so you can dl it if you want.
    I never dl'd the My Verizon app so I am not getting anything pushed to my phone. I assume that is why as I haven't recieved the Slacker radio icon anyway.
    07-27-09 09:09 AM
    Yes, Verizon is pushing them out. They pushed it out to all Storm users a few weeks ago. They are also going to push VZ songid, and another program as well.
    07-27-09 09:09 AM
    I noticed the Slacker icon this morning too but hadn't tried to send any emails. I just did a test with two different accounts and neither one will send! Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

K
    07-27-09 09:29 AM
    Just woke up and the same thing happened to me except everything works. I was weirded out and thought some one had got on my tour and downloaded it but when i checked my app world no one had. Why would verizon do this ?
    07-27-09 09:29 AM
    I noticed the Slacker icon this morning too but hadn't tried to send any emails. I just did a test with two different accounts and neither one will send! Has anyone found a fix for this yet?
    A battery pull later and I'm back up and running.

K
    07-27-09 09:43 AM
    First, try a battery pull if you haven't.

If that doesn't work...
    Go into Options - Mobile Network
    Hit the Blackberry Button and choose Diagnostic Test. That will put your Tour through it's paces and resend service books as well. I had this problem with my Curve once and after running the dignostic test everything was back to normal.

As for Slacker being pushed, as others have said it is only an icon so you can dl it if you want.
    I never dl'd the My Verizon app so I am not getting anything pushed to my phone. I assume that is why as I haven't recieved the Slacker radio icon anyway.
    I already tried all of that.
    07-27-09 10:06 AM
    Just woke up and the same thing happened to me except everything works. I was weirded out and thought some one had got on my tour and downloaded it but when i checked my app world no one had. Why would verizon do this ?
    I don't know. I figure that it may be like someone else said and have to do with the MyVerizon but I still think that even a shortcut to the application should leave the end user being ASKED if they would like it. Like send an email or text message to the phone and ask the user, inform them that it is available and all, but don't automatically push it, even if it is a shortcut.
    07-27-09 10:08 AM
    Okay I just read this so I did a battery pull and sure enough Slacker Showed up as an install file in my icons. BUT I'm not experiencing any issues with emails. I can send and receive emails, BBM and texts just fine.
    07-27-09 10:14 AM
    Ha ha pushed apps are actually part of your TOS you agreed to it when you activated your phone for those of you with mail problems if you switched from another BB you MUST change devices on the bis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 11:31 AM
    I also got Slacker "pushed" to me, but I've been able to send and receive e-mails and sms messages. I'm not happy that we didn't have a choice in downloading Slacker, but I'll deal and hide the f***ing icon.
    07-27-09 11:34 AM
    Yeah, Verizon began pushing those out last week, I think. Anyway, it's purpose is to give you the opportunity to buy the song you are listening to from Verizon by hitting the little Verizon icon by the buy on the screen above the time for the song. The odd thing is this just showed up on my Slacker install that I have had for many months.
    07-27-09 11:50 AM
    I'm fine with it, I would have just rather had a message sent saying, "We are going to make this program availalbe to you through pushing it down. It will be there as a shortcut so you can then install the entire program." Or something to that effect, it would be nice. Agreeing it in the TOS is ok, but just a warning would help.

I actually fixed the email issue by just logging into my BIS account. For some reason, now VZW can update the PIN in the BIS rather than having to manually update it.
    07-27-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD