Hi,

Recently I took a trip and when I came off of the plane, Slacker radio was no longer on my BB. There was no icon and I could not find Slacker anywhere on my BB. At least I think this is what happened unless I accidently deleted it when I deleted another application. I then downloaded Slacker again when I returned home, but the stations that I cached do not show up on my list of cached stations. I assume that they must still be there since they were uploaded on my memory card, but I can't find them and I can't figure out how to get them back on my list of cached stations.

Since it took quite some time for me to download these stations, I was wondering if there was any to recover them or do I have to go through the entire process all over again? Also...where are the stations on my memory card? Thanks.
    04-22-09 04:47 PM
    It happened to me when I deleted and reinstalled Slacker on my phone, too. I never found a way for the program to recognize the stations I'd already cached. They're still on your memory card, I just never found a way to link them back up.
    04-22-09 04:58 PM
    When you uninstall Slacker everything related to the program should be uninstalled; this includes cached stations. So, if Slacker somehow got uninstalled you will need to go through the caching process all over again, as if you'd never cached stations before.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 08:41 PM
    When i reinstall slcaker & run it there is a message that states there is info(cached stations) on the media card that do not amtch the current version installed and asks if i would like to delete them. I assume this is their version of DRM to prevent me from swapping my cached stations with my friends
    04-23-09 09:56 AM
    When i reinstall slcaker & run it there is a message that states there is info(cached stations) on the media card that do not amtch the current version installed and asks if i would like to delete them. I assume this is their version of DRM to prevent me from swapping my cached stations with my friends
    Ah...I got that message too when I reinstalled.

BTW...I just went ahead and reinstalled the cahced stations. Thanks for the info. Although I truly like iheart radio better, Slacker does not seem to be as much of a battery drain for me.
    04-23-09 12:22 PM
    Just to bump this thread instead of starting another. My Slacker was working fine and I had 4 cached stations. It kept asking my if I wanted to update and I finally gave in and did. After the update, I lost all of my cached stations. When I try to cache them again, I got a file is too full msg or something like that. Then it told me I don't have enough space. Help!
    08-15-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD